Windows 10: Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6

Discus and support Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got my Surface Pro 6 last November and it came with an available storage space of ~118GB. After one Windows update, the available space dropped to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A100ZU, Mar 14, 2019.

1. A100ZU Win User

Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6

I got my Surface Pro 6 last November and it came with an available storage space of ~118GB. After one Windows update, the available space dropped to ~80GB. In desperation, I turned off Windows update (even though it is a Windows 10 home edition!). However, since early March I encountered the "resource dll can not be found" error with Microsoft Word (due to their bugs!!), and, out of my right mind, I thought updating Windows might resolve the issue. Then, after just another update, my available space dramatically dropped to ~60GB. I tried everything I could do with "disk cleanup" to no avail (which just gave me back 4GB). The prediction is that my Surface Pro 6 would be completely out of space after 3 more updates -- which sounds ridiculous.

I think Microsoft's design of their OS is turning people away.

:)

A100ZU, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Pro 6 - Oct. 23

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 6

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Surface Pro with LTE Advanced Drivers and Firmware Initial Release Surface - Windows 10 Forums

Download: Download Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6

Hidehiro NAGAOKA, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6

1. Windows update takes up too much space on Surface Pro 6 - Similar Threads - update takes too

2. Windows system reserverd is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows system reserverd is taking too much space: Hello guys my system reserved is occupying about 246 gb in the total 410 gb… Can I free it ????? Pls anyone answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system-reserverd-is-taking-too-much-space/3e7937d3-97c1-41ef-9124-9bf479064403"
  3. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  4. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  5. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Windows 10 takes too much disc space: I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space. (99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB...
  6. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...
  7. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  8. antimalware service taking up too much resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service taking up too much resources: lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing...
  9. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space: Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own...
  10. Windows folder taking up way to much space.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder taking up way to much space.: Is there anyway I can decrease the space if the windows folder. My laptop is only 30 gigs and the windows folder us taking up 21 gigs, any fix for this? 35458