Windows 10: Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!!

Discus and support Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am writing this because my windows 10 update is stuck at 0%, and it during the actual update ( what i mean by that is that its telling me not to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by garahera56, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!!

I am writing this because my windows 10 update is stuck at 0%, and it during the actual update ( what i mean by that is that its telling me not to turn off my laptop ).

I am actually getting worried by this because i use this computer for a coding club and it would actually suck if it done a BSoD and i would have to reinstall Windows 10 as i dont have another functional pc to put it on.

Its doing this for around 3 HOURS!

If you know what to do please respond.

I’ll update this question if something happens ( if i can ).

Regards, garahera56Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!! [​IMG]

:)

garahera56, Jul 19, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jul 19, 2019
  3. erixx Win User
    Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!!

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!!

1. Windows update taking SSSSOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNGGG!!! - Similar Threads - update taking SSSSOOOOOOO

2. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows updates takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates takes hours.: Why can I install Windows, fresh about two times in the time it takes like a 600mb update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-takes-hours/9b7f176c-1623-4dd0-a1c5-f2ddef4214d3
  4. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  5. Not taking update

Not taking update: When I try to do a regular update to my windows 10 pro operating system I am getting the following message: 2020-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4534132 - Error 0x80071160 When I looked up the error code it seems...
  6. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  7. Windows Update takes forever

Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  8. Windows 10 update takes hours.

Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...