Windows 10: Windows update taking up my time and data

Discus and support Windows update taking up my time and data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What on planet earth is going on at Microsoft?? Just wasted 12gb on internet data to have these updates all fail! Took me 8hrs to wait for the crap to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalebJA16, Dec 19, 2018.

1. CalebJA16 Win User

Windows update taking up my time and data

What on planet earth is going on at Microsoft?? Just wasted 12gb on internet data to have these updates all fail! Took me 8hrs to wait for the crap to download & then failed halfway through the install!!! I wanted to use my computer okay?What has happened to Microsoft after windows 8?only God knows. Never have I ever experienced such problems with windows than I have with windows 10!! UI Is inconsistent, slow & all this crap updates shoved down your throat wasting my time and �� MONEY!!! Will you refund all the poor souls like me who lost data, time & money trying to use windows 10? Absolutely unacceptable ! I am very angry right now!!! Disgusting selfish people working there at Microsoft answer my questions?!

**Original Title**

Windows update wasting my time and data!!!!!

:)

CalebJA16, Dec 19, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 19, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update taking up my time and data :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 19, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update taking up my time and data - Similar Threads - update taking data

2. How much time it will take to restore my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much time it will take to restore my data: It was due to temporary login and i have to do the restore data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-time-it-will-take-to-restore-my-data/96a0c2fb-f89a-4113-af0b-aea1e50588ce
  3. How much time it will take to restore my data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much time it will take to restore my data: It was due to temporary login and i have to do the restore data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-time-it-will-take-to-restore-my-data/96a0c2fb-f89a-4113-af0b-aea1e50588ce
  4. How much time it will take to restore my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update takes long time.

Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  6. My computer takes a long time to load up

My computer takes a long time to load up: Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which...
  7. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  8. Windows Update Taking alot of time

Windows Update Taking alot of time: Hello, i wan[IMG]ted to update my windows 10 so i did and now ita taking 1 hours to install and its stuck on 48% and i am scared to restart bec it says don't turn off your pc my spec Ram 16 gb Graphics card gtx 960 4 gb msi Processor intel core i 7 4790 Please help....
  9. my windows update is taking more time

my windows update is taking more time: my windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 ) is taking longer time.Its getting stuck at 86%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-update-is-taking-more-time/8ef33fc2-092d-46ea-8524-8424250af4d1
  10. Windows update wasting my time and data!!!!!

Windows update wasting my time and data!!!!!: What on planet earth is going on at Microsoft?? Just wasted 12gb on internet data to have these updates all fail! Took me 8hrs to wait for the crap to download & then failed halfway through the install!!! I wanted to use my computer okay?What has happened to Microsoft after...