Windows 10: Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!

Discus and support Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried and tried to update to 20H1 20H2 and now 21H1 and I keep getting stuck at either 61% or 99%.I have asked Microsoft Support for assistance,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seun-tobi[msanswerme], Aug 5, 2021.

1. Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!

I have tried and tried to update to 20H1 20H2 and now 21H1 and I keep getting stuck at either 61% or 99%.I have asked Microsoft Support for assistance, but none of their steps have resolved the situation.Now I keep getting the annoying nag to update to the latest operating system but what is the point of that If I cant???I'm not having the best opinion about a brand I've gotten to know for years. And that is the most disappointing thing about it.

:)

seun-tobi[msanswerme], Aug 5, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!

Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion! :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!

1. Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion! - Similar Threads - update won't update

2. Question about my new PC suddenly becoming slow and rubbish!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about my new PC suddenly becoming slow and rubbish!!!!: Hi allHope everyone is well.So I have a Samsung Galaxy Pro, 12th Gen i7, 16 RAM. It is a lovely machine. But suddenly it just won't run some games, even really old games. It used to be so fast. The Memory Usage with nothing running c.47%- is that not really high? There are...
  3. Question about my new PC suddenly becoming slow and rubbish!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about my new PC suddenly becoming slow and rubbish!!!!: Hi allHope everyone is well.So I have a Samsung Galaxy Pro, 12th Gen i7, 16 RAM. It is a lovely machine. But suddenly it just won't run some games, even really old games. It used to be so fast. The Memory Usage with nothing running c.47%- is that not really high? There are...
  4. What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?: I've got a 2.5-year-old Dell XPS their most powerful XPS at the time of purchase - Core i7 / NVME SSD. I run two external monitors with it. I've also done IT work sysadmin/coding for about 30 years. I'm not a gamer.I see the most touted reason to upgrade to Win11 is the...
  5. What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?: I've got a 2.5-year-old Dell XPS their most powerful XPS at the time of purchase - Core i7 / NVME SSD. I run two external monitors with it. I've also done IT work sysadmin/coding for about 30 years. I'm not a gamer.I see the most touted reason to upgrade to Win11 is the...
  6. What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?

7. What's Your Opinion of Windows 11 After Updating?

8. Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update that won't update!!!! Is becoming rubbish in my opinion!: I have tried and tried to update to 20H1 20H2 and now 21H1 and I keep getting stuck at either 61% or 99%. I have asked Microsoft Support for assistance, but none of their steps have resolved the situation. Now I keep getting the annoying nag to update to the latest operating...
  9. Opinion update on Cortana.

in Cortana
    Opinion update on Cortana.: I now hate Cortana. Why? Because when i ask her something she says I'm sorry, but I can't help with that. Maybe you didn't built her correctly. I know it's not your fault, but i'm just telling you to make her study....
  10. Windows rubbish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows rubbish: I have just had windows 10 installed I believe, I have lost Microsoft Office Professional which I paid for, I have also lost photos of my visit to the Normandy battlefields with my mate to see his grandads grave, disgraceful, I am not a pc buff and do not know how to fix this...