Windows 10: Windows Update --> [The update is not applicable to your computer]

Discus and support Windows Update --> [The update is not applicable to your computer] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem on Windows Update for KB4013429x64, the error message show [The update is not applicable to your computer]. Please see below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DesLoh, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DesLoh Win User

Windows Update --> [The update is not applicable to your computer]

Hi, I have problem on Windows Update for KB4013429x64, the error message show [The update is not applicable to your computer]. Please see below information on the OS version.

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.726

Question: Is the OS version already included the security update KB4013429? If yes, how to check?

:)

DesLoh, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

Would have been nice if they indicated which applications were actually improved as opposed to just hard or soft blocked.

Kreij, Jan 4, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 4, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update

The March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update is a package of software updates that address common application compatibility issues in Windows Vista. When you try to install and run certain legacy games or applications in Windows Vista, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms: The game, the application, or the firmware may not be installed correctly, may cause system instability, or may not work correctly.

Download: Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update March 2007

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update --> [The update is not applicable to your computer] - Similar Threads - Update update applicable

2. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi! I tried to install windows media pack for my laptop but it always shows "The update is not applicable to your computer". I have downloaded the correct version 1803. How can I solve this? Many thanks!...
  3. Updates Affecting Applications Across Entire Computer

Updates Affecting Applications Across Entire Computer: Hello, Ever since I downloaded a large update on September 23rd, all my applications have been experiencing issues. Each application steam, discord, browser will either take a long time to load or when it opens it will all of a sudden stop responding for about a minute. It...
  4. the update is not applicable to your computer.1709

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the update is not applicable to your computer.1709: I am using the 1709 build (yes,on purpose).I want to install the 0-KB4048955 update but it errors.This is the correct package for the build.Any help? submitted by /u/grandekid [link] [comments]...
  5. is this the update that messes up your computer

is this the update that messes up your computer: this the update that disconnet your start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-the-update-that-messes-up-your-computer/777151d4-2d07-4f2f-ac2e-db5c9e23cbe8
  6. Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.

Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.: I get this when trying to manually install to the latest update (currently 1903) from 1803 (OS Build 17134.885). I've attempted to run the windows troubleshooter and it finds no errors. It does find an error about "registration" or something when I run the troubleshooter in...
  7. Your computer is at risk-updating now...

Your computer is at risk-updating now...: How do I stop this permanently? Take note Microsoft that your forced updates are a load of crap, and some of us know this. Do not come back with security updates either, because what sort of security update takes over an hour, and eats up all my data? Not only that, but on a...
  8. Fix The update isn’t applicable to your computer error message

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The update isn’t applicable to your computer error message: [ATTACH] Many a time when you try installing an update to Windows 10, it simply says that ‘The update isn’t applicable to your computer‘. That’s strange right because it was Windows which downloaded them in the first place. In this post, [...] This post Fix The update isn’t...
  9. Update not applicable

Update not applicable: Update assistant keeps trying to install update and repeatedly fails, asking me to wait at the start of every working day, the only period I don't have time to wait.. When I tried to install this update manually, it turns out its not applicable update? KB4338819 OS build...
  10. Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates?: What do you guys recommend for this purpose? Anything to avoid? 59130