Windows 10: Windows update to 1903, May Update

Discus and support Windows update to 1903, May Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Error code 0xC1900101-0x3001A, installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation, while updating on Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PranjalBhardwaj, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Windows update to 1903, May Update

Error code 0xC1900101-0x3001A, installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation, while updating on Lenovo Ideapad 330, i5 8300H, Nvidia GTX. The update used to be visible in the settings page but is not visible anymore, only visible through assistant or media creation tool. Both have failed to update. Also tried SFC, CleanBoot,Dism restore,chkdsk. Help.

:)

PranjalBhardwaj, Aug 13, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 13, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows update to 1903, May Update

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows update to 1903, May Update :)

Thermopylae_480, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows update to 1903, May Update

1. Windows update to 1903, May Update - Similar Threads - update 1903 May

2. May 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 1903 Update: My windows update showed the Version 1903 update as available. I did not download it as I've heard of problems. When I looked toady the update option was gone. Can someone explain why it disappeared and how I get it back?...
  3. Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903

Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903: Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903 version as am told that intel RST is incompatible. Have updated RST to 15.9.6.1044 as recommended. The 1903 update still fails with the same issue. Have run Windows 10 update Troubleshoot as suggested by Microsoft. Updates done. Makes...
  4. Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue: I have a DELL Vostro 4581. It is up to date with the latest drivers and software and is currently on windows 1809. However, I am unable to find the windows 1903 update on windows update yet. Should I wait a bit longer or is there a problem with my laptop? Any assistance...
  5. Windows 10 update 1903 may 10

in Cortana
    Windows 10 update 1903 may 10: I really hate it, i cannot talk to Cortana without keyboard, i need a mic to talk to her, also many settings changed, also when i press on the cortana button, i have this [ATTACH] black bar not doing anything and i can't search any thing, REMOVE THIS UPDATE BACK THE OLD...
  6. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update: I have tried several times which takes most of a day and night to run the Windows Update. I attempted to download the Version 1903 Update four times already, and it keeps stopping at 90% with error code 0x80240034. What can be done to fix this?...
  7. May update for 1903 version

May update for 1903 version: So i have downloaded the feature update for my windows 10 , version 1903 but after restarting it says windows is not activated and you need to activate windows. I have pre installed windows 10 on my laptop and till yesterday no issues were there but after downloading this...
  8. 1903 May Update Catch 22

1903 May Update Catch 22: Greetings - I'm in a seemingly Catch 22 of updates to Windows 10 - 1903. The system is an MSI desktop with an I7-9700 processor. I am stuck on Windows Preview Build 18362.30 There is no addon graphic card. My systems relies on the Intel 630 video. I have updated to...
  9. May 1903 Update is out

May 1903 Update is out: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/05/21/how-to-get-the-windows-10-may-2019-update/#sUGCqLwaYoKpeWkU.97 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-1903-update-is-out/2aa24f4b-caa6-4a62-8dd9-f3123fc13803
  10. April not updating to 1903 and changing to May

April not updating to 1903 and changing to May: Hello I heard that microsoft will not be releasing 1903 this month in april. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-not-updating-to-1903-and-changing-to-may/9ac6eea2-e773-4268-95ea-36fd2804aadc