Windows 10: Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Discus and support Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I own a MSI PC since February 2017 and so far it worked like a charm. Recently I've been offered the Windows 1903 update. I'm still on 1803 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Francesco Tondelli, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Hello,

I own a MSI PC since February 2017 and so far it worked like a charm. Recently I've been offered the Windows 1903 update. I'm still on 1803 and I've never been offered the 1809 update.

The problem is that after the download and install phases the PC reboots the first time and it works through the 30% thing, then on the next reboot the PC stays on the MSI logo forever (no spinning circle, no error, nothing). Fortunately the situation can be unlocked using CTRL+ALT+CANC, but the PC simply reboots, no screens or errors shown to help to troubleshoot the problem. After the second CTRL+ALT+CANC Windows rolls back to 1803 in just one minute and everything works fine. So I'm not completely stuck here.

So far I've read A LOT on the Internet regarding this problem but haven't found a solution. I'm pointing toward a clean install, even if with thinking about reinstalling everything of my huge installation of flight simulators is really a pain. So far I've updated the Intel RST drivers and the Intel HD 530 drivers, as these can be related to update problems. Then latest Windows Update still reports the black screen as a potential problem on restart. But this happens only during the update, not during normal boot and reboot on Windows 1803 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4512509).

I've also disabled FAST start and tried the usual solutions that you can find on the Internet (remove external drives, disconnect peripherals). Tried also the Update Assistant. Last time I also left my PC on the MSI logo for 3 or 4 hours to exclude that something was going one behind the MSI logo screen. I'm also tempted to wait on MS to put out a patch that says the black screen problem has been solved.

I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like to try first the less invasive troubleshooting before trying a clean install later.

Thanks.

:)

Francesco Tondelli, Aug 21, 2019
  2. HC57 Win User

Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

During the windows 10 1903 update / install process it stalled and the PC screen went black. Apart from displaying the manufacturers logo it goes no further. There are no spinning dots or cursor, just a static black screen and logo.

Depressing ctrl + alt and delete, or ctrl + alt and B, or windows key + X has no effect.

Since it won't boot past the initial black screen and manufacturers logo, any attempt to boot via USB Flash Drive or DVD is impossible.... as is any attempt to boot safe mode via 4, F4 and switching off and on three times using the on/off power button to
    enter Advanced Recovery Environment.

It is suspected either graphics drivers and/or antivirus might be the source of the problem, but obviously they can't be accessed.

Given Microsoft are aware of such conflicts, it would make good sense to forewarn before delivering updates so that end users might at least be given an opportunity to prepare for avoidable issues....

Can anyone suggest a way forward, please....?

3. HC57 Win User
    Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

This still isn't resolved....

To clarify:

It appears the PC is not initiating POST, hence the static black screen with manufacturers logo which does not progress any further.

The PC was working perfectly immediately prior to commencing the Windows 1903 update, which either hasn't loaded correctly or is corrupt; either way the PC no longer works....

Any advice would be welcome.....?

4. AlfieBean Win User

Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Stuck on manufactures logo

I was updating from Windows 8 to 8.1 and while it was updating I accidently clicked the power button. I powered it back on and it took me to automatic repair. I clicked restore to restore my files and now it is stuck on the manufactuers logo. Any help would
    be greatly appreciated.

AlfieBean, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

1. Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen - Similar Threads - update 1903 stuck

2. Laptop stuck on manufacturer logo and not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on manufacturer logo and not loading: Hello everyone, my acer Aspire 3 showed a blue screen error "unexpected store exception" and after that I shut it down using the power button. But now when i turn it on it only shows the Acer logo and does not show any signs of loading. I can't access the BIOS and I tried...
  3. Laptop stuck on manufacturer logo and not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on manufacturer logo and not loading: Hello everyone, my acer Aspire 3 showed a blue screen error "unexpected store exception" and after that I shut it down using the power button. But now when i turn it on it only shows the Acer logo and does not show any signs of loading. I can't access the BIOS and I tried...
  4. Laptop stuck on manufacturer logo and not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo: Hey, I'm getting a boot up error I need help with. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15-7559.I believe I have some corrupt system files on my hard drive. When I turned my laptop on this morning, it popped up the Dell logo and nothing else. I turned it on/off several...
  6. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo: Hey, I'm getting a boot up error I need help with. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15-7559.I believe I have some corrupt system files on my hard drive. When I turned my laptop on this morning, it popped up the Dell logo and nothing else. I turned it on/off several...
  7. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen: when I try to update windows 10 to update 1909, the install freezes after the computer restarts and it just stops on the manufacture logo screen. I have reset the computer but it is still happening....
  9. Windows update to 2004 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Windows update to 2004 stuck on manufacturer logo screen: Hi I am trying to update my MSI Gaming laptop but when the update is installing it freezes on the MSI as the update is restarting the laptop. i have tried a few ways to fix it from looking online but it still haven't fixed the problem. Can someone help me please....
  10. Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.: During the windows 10 1903 update / install process it stalled and the PC screen went black. Apart from displaying the manufacturers logo it goes no further. There are no spinning dots or cursor, just a static black screen and logo. Depressing ctrl + alt and delete, or ctrl...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

2. windows stuck at manufacturer logo