Windows 10: Windows update to 1909 keeps failing

Discus and support Windows update to 1909 keeps failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I found that automatic updates kept failing on my wife's computer. So I downloaded and ran the Windows installer and it failed with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zBernie, May 11, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Windows update to 1909 keeps failing

I found that automatic updates kept failing on my wife's computer. So I downloaded and ran the Windows installer and it failed with the following error code:

Something went wrong. Here is the error code: 0x8007042b

So, I ran a chkdsk /f, and it came up clean. Then I ran a sfc /scandisk, and it reported that it found some corrupt files but could not fix all of them.

What other options do I have?

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, May 11, 2020
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, May 11, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 11, 2020
  4. Windows update to 1909 keeps failing

Windows Update keeps failing!

Yea, that was going to be my next suggestion, if "Safe mode" did not work... I didn't want to scare him just yet.. *Toast :toast: There is a new feature in Windows 8 that will let you go back to a fresh install with just a few clicks. It should help a lot non pro's to start over fresh. *Toast :toast: But this is no help to him.. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows update to 1909 keeps failing

1. Windows update to 1909 keeps failing - Similar Threads - update 1909 keeps

2. Windows update keeps failing and support for 1909 build will expire?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update keeps failing and support for 1909 build will expire?: Dear Microsoft, I heard that in the near future, support for 1909 build will stop. However, no matter how many times I try to update, every time the update has errors!?! A few months ago I spend two full afternoons trying to update with all methods provided on different...
  3. Windows update to 1909 failing 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update to 1909 failing 0x800f0922: Hi everyone, So i've been unable to get past 1903 because the 1909 update keeps failing. I've done a lot of research on this error and it seems 0x800f0922 has to do with the EFI partition or system reserved partition not having 500mb? I was going to try to get into safe mode...
  4. Windows feature updates 1909 and 20H2 keep failing with BSOD at the end

Windows feature updates 1909 and 20H2 keep failing with BSOD at the end: Hi, I've tried so many things, but my Windows 10 feature updates just fail all the time. It always results in a restart to Windows boot manager with 3 choices: Windows 10, Windows setup and Windows 10 again?. Which ever I choose I get the blue screen with error MEMORY...
  5. Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing

Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing: Hi, Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing and says I need to "manually delete _PO_Vmware Workstation Pro No-Op" but I or "search" cannot find it. Please help! Thanks, Tony...
  6. Windows update to 1909 failed to install

Windows update to 1909 failed to install: I can't get the 1909 update to install on my pc. I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestion I could find but nothing seems to work. I even tried installing from a USB drive but to no avail. Als part of my taskbar doesn't work anymore after my pc rolled back the update....
  7. Windows Cumulative Update 1909 is Failing

Windows Cumulative Update 1909 is Failing: Hello, over the past weeks I have tried to install the windows Cumulative Update 1909, and I keep getting this error. The computer is an AMD Ryzen 3700 on MSI 570a-pro motherboard, 1TB of SSD and 16GB of RAM. [ATTACH] I tried several recommended solutions, including -...
  8. Windows 10 update 1909 fails to update

Windows 10 update 1909 fails to update: The update takes hours to go through "pending download" and "getting ready" then doesn't update anyway. There are no error messages. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?...
  9. Windows 10, 1909 Update Fails!!

Windows 10, 1909 Update Fails!!: Hi Microsoft, I am currently at Windows 10, 1903 Version Back in May 2019, after updating to 1903, I was never able to get any updates through Windows Update except for Security definition updates [ATTACH] [ATTACH] so I tried both Media creation tool and Windows update...
  10. Windows 10 update 1909 failed

Windows 10 update 1909 failed: Well I have tried to update to Windows 1909 many times now with the same results. I get to 60% install and it stops telling me Failed first boot phase-error during Sysprep-specialized operation 0x1900101-ox30018. I have removed all devices from the computer and aftermarket...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update keeps failing 1909