Windows 10: Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

Discus and support Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mackerni, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Mackerni Win User

Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an error applying the update." I thought nothing of it. So I manually turn off my computer and turn it back on again. But when it comes back on, there is no signal from the computer. The computer still sounds and looks like it's running, in fact, the fans for some reason are blowing much louder than they used to. So, I'm not sure what I should do. I tried different HDMI ports and cables and the issue is still there. Black screen. I'm willing to do

:)

Mackerni, Oct 8, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Window 10 update causes lost apps

Hi Jason,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the files and folders lost after installing the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which were the latest updates installed on your device?
    • Where exactly are you looking for the files, pictures and documents?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Safe mode and check if the files are present?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Windows.old folder?

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the files, pictures and documents are present.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to: Find lost files after the
    update to Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2021
  4. erixx Win User

Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do? - Similar Threads - Update Desktop Computer

2. No monitor signal after update. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No monitor signal after update. What do I do?: Im using a Windows 11 and im on the Insiders Program. My specs are gtx 3070, i7, 16ram. I press Update and Shutdown on my pc and went to sleep. When I woke up my pc was on but theres no monitor activity just black screen no cursor. I have 3 monitors and are not detecting any...
  3. No monitor signal after update. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No monitor signal after update. What do I do?: Im using a Windows 11 and im on the Insiders Program. My specs are gtx 3070, i7, 16ram. I press Update and Shutdown on my pc and went to sleep. When I woke up my pc was on but theres no monitor activity just black screen no cursor. I have 3 monitors and are not detecting any...
  4. What do i do now???

What do i do now???: Last night my monitor randomly lost signal to my pc so i restarted. Upon restart my pc is in constant loop of booting and then failing with an error message saying “critical process failed”. I’ve tried letting it boot repeatedly hoping the windows recovery environment will...
  5. What do i do now???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What do i do now???: Last night my monitor randomly lost signal to my pc so i restarted. Upon restart my pc is in constant loop of booting and then failing with an error message saying “critical process failed”. I’ve tried letting it boot repeatedly hoping the windows recovery environment will...
  6. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do now?: I cant remember my computer password and I can’t factory reset it either, every time I try I just get an error message saying “there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made”Can anyone help here?...
  7. What do I do now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do now?: I cant remember my computer password and I can’t factory reset it either, every time I try I just get an error message saying “there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made”Can anyone help here?...
  8. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?: I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an error applying the update." I thought nothing of it. So I manually turn off my computer and turn it back on again. But when...
  9. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?: I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an error applying the update." I thought nothing of it. So I manually turn off my computer and turn it back on again. But when...
  10. my computer scammed what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer scammed what do I do now: computer has been scamed what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-scammed-what-do-i-do-now/aefcbc75-8029-4b4c-ae7b-0e17d8146a1b"