Windows 10: Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After my computer installed an update last week, it couldn't hook into my account so it created a temporary one. So I followed the instructions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeorgeLozon, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge

After my computer installed an update last week, it couldn't hook into my account so it created a temporary one. So I followed the instructions, restarted it about 8 times, then I went into the registry and reset where the profile was pointing so I could get back into my account on my computer. So when I finally got into my account it had lost about 400 GB in files from my computer. I do have a backup from about 3 or 4 weeks ago so no problem, but my computer thinks it's brand new now. Should I reinstall Windows on my computer or should this version be stable now. I've heard this is happening to more and more people when updates are installed on Windows 10.

Thanks,

George

:)

GeorgeLozon, Jul 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 5, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge

1. Windows Update to Install the new Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Update Install Microsoft

2. Windows update installed unwanted Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update installed unwanted Microsoft edge: As if it wasn't annoying enough that a programme was installed on my PC without my knowledge or permission, It changed my home page and deleted all my history on Chrome. I'm afraid I regard this as an aggressive hack by microsoft. Any other programme that did this, is called...
  3. NEW MICROSOFT EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEW MICROSOFT EDGE: When I was helped with installing the new Microsoft Edge browser, I was given the option of using an existing e-mail account and unfortunately I chose my secondary e-mail account accidentally and not my main e-mail account which I obviously wish to use. Unfortunately I have...
  4. the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the new Microsoft Edge: After downloading the new Microsoft Edge I have no sound whenever I'm on a website which use audio; videos, music, News videos no sound but, only when using Edge browser. Internet explorer browser still works fine, how do you fix this?...
  5. New Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge?: How do I access my email in New Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-microsoft-edge/609e36ef-8fa0-4e20-8fbc-9d9373c327fa
  6. New Update of Microsoft Edge

New Update of Microsoft Edge: some days ago, the Microsoft update its browser called Microsoft edge. i used to open books in PDF form in browser. there war an icon on the top left side near the page numbering, showing detail of book e.g chapters list with topics in the previous version. But after update...
  7. windows update and install of new version of edge

windows update and install of new version of edge: I am trying to install the new version of Edge. It sends me to updates which it says is necessary before installing Edge. Whenever I try to install updates I always get the message "failed to install" error message: 0x 80073712 Is there a way to upgrade Edge without the...
  8. The New Microsoft Edge

The New Microsoft Edge: Hi, I have downloaded the New Microsoft Edge, but keep getting a message that I need to download it......I DID have a page where I was putting in all my info to set it up, but now I can't find it....... Any suggestions.??...
  9. New update installing new Edge

New update installing new Edge: I have lost all my files 4 times in 4 days. Each time I close my computer, it does the update all over again when I open it up. I want this to stop! My work is suffering as I am spending 6 hrs each day simply rebuilding what I need. How can I make this update stop updating?...
  10. Windows 10 "1909" & New Microsoft Edge Update.

Windows 10 "1909" & New Microsoft Edge Update.: Hi, Microsoft Team I heard that Microsoft is going to launch Windows 10 "1909" update. I would like to know when will it be available or released, & how do i install it on My Laptop. Also Microsoft has launched New Wave Design Logo along with New Features for "Microsoft...