Windows 10: Windows Update too large to download

Discus and support Windows Update too large to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I got the windows feature update 2004, but as I use a metered connection which is hotspot of my mobile phone, I am unable to download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarshSinghFr, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Windows Update too large to download

Hi there,

I got the windows feature update 2004, but as I use a metered connection which is hotspot of my mobile phone, I am unable to download the update which is of approx. 2.65 GB, and my data plan is 1.5 GB per day.

Can any one help me out about how to download this update.

Device:-

HP 15 laptop da-1030tu

Processor:- Intel Core i5-8265U

Ram:- 4GB

HDD:- 1TB

Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620

Although this specification will not be required I put it here for in case it is needed.

Thanks

:)

HarshSinghFr, Jun 21, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 21, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows Update too large to download

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update too large to download

1. Windows Update too large to download - Similar Threads - Update too large

2. System32 too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 too large: So I've been wondering why my C drive is almost full. I've read some similar, previously asked questions on the forums but I've yet to find someone with a similar issue. I ran TreeSize as suggested in some responses to pinpoint what's taking up so much space. the largest...
  3. The resolution is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    The resolution is too large: I have set up my computer on a smaller monitor then normal, and find that the screen is much larger then the monitor can fit. When going into the settings, the only resolution sizes I have are 1280 x 720 witch is too big, and 800 x 600 witch is too long and not wide enough....
  4. Windows 10 too large?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 too large?: Hey everyone, had a problem and was hoping for advice. I have a machine that runs with a rather small drive in use for the OS install itself, something that should be fixed but is on me and I haven't taken time to do it. That said by small, I mean it's 120GB, so small only...
  5. The screen is too large.

The screen is too large.: My screen is too large all of a sudden. I tried reducing to 80% but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know how it got this way, unless it was one of the upgrades from HP. HELP....
  6. scan too large

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan too large: when i scan a document it scans too large. how do i get it to scan to 8 1/2 x 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-too-large/73f3133d-629b-4df4-9a13-20e499746517
  7. File too large

File too large: Yesterday it was I couldn't save changes to documents or pictures. Got that solved. Today, when I try to download a picture from a website, I'm getting the message, "failed, file too large". Even small pictures are too large. Can someone help with this?...
  8. Display too large.

Display too large.: My display is too large and stretched. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large/2665383b-cdcf-47b8-9148-94c89f52e2e7
  9. videos too large

in Browsers and Email
    videos too large: Hi, I didn't used to have this problem, but started about a year ago. When I click on a video link, such as in youtube or on facebook, the video is huge so I'm not able to see what it is or what they are doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 126908
  10. everything too large

everything too large: 11/9/2019 Earlier today I was searching for help when my computer opened with everything too large. I couldn't find an answer that helped, but I didn't finally find the solution so I thought I'd try to help someone else with the same problem. I found that resetting the...