Windows 10: Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue

Discus and support Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use MSI gaming laptop running Windows 10 an after installing Windows 10 update on the gaming laptop, I am facing an issue with my touchpad. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Victoria Thomas2, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue

I use MSI gaming laptop running Windows 10 an after installing Windows 10 update on the gaming laptop, I am facing an issue with my touchpad. This is a sensitivity issue because my finger is always moving much faster than the pointer. I tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers. I also tried to find some settings I hadn’t been aware of before. Nothing helps. But when I use an external mouse, everything works without problems.

:)

Victoria Thomas2, Feb 11, 2019

2. Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 11, 2019
  3. touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue

Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity issues in Windows 10.

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the Power component changes in the Windows 10 operating system.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Power Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side of the screen panel.
    • Select Power from the options,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Follow the steps below to decrease the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the options.
    • Click on view by option located at the top right corner of the window, select
      Large icons and click on Mouse.
    • Choose Change mouse settings and click on touchpad options tab from the window.
    • Adjust the pointer speed by sliding the sensitivity bar according to your comfort.
    • Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on Mouse, Touchpad, and Keyboard problems in Windows (Do not carry out any steps performed for Windows 7 and Windows XP OS)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...uchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab05

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue

1. Windows update, touchpad sensitivity issue - Similar Threads - update touchpad sensitivity

2. Touchpad not sensitive enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not sensitive enough: Lots of users seem to complain that the touchpad is too sensitive, but I have the opposite problem. I already have the touchpad sensitivity set to "Most sensitive", but I still have to push relatively hard to get a reaction from my mouse. Is there something wrong with my...
  3. Touchpad too sensitive . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad too sensitive . . .: I have an Asus laptop, purchased new in September 2019, W10, Firefox, auto-updates all on, has the latest touchpad driver. Win version 1909. An overly-sensitive touchpad has been a problem since new, and also was on my previous laptop, an HP. Yes, it's set on the...
  4. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'. Touchpad sensitivity setting seems to make no difference. Same problem with previous version of Windows 10. Experiencing multiple false...
  5. touchpad sensitivity

touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  6. touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Support
    touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  7. Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10: After searching for ways to adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad in Windows 10 I gave up and sent this request suggestion to Microsoft. -- I have a Surface Pro 6 with keypad and the touchpad is way too sensitive to minor touches. Please add back a sensitivity adjustment...
  8. Touchpad Sensitivity issue after Windwos update, Windows 10

Touchpad Sensitivity issue after Windwos update, Windows 10: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  9. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Sensitivity: There are two places to adjust touchpad sensitivity on Windows 10 and my Lenovo laptop. One is Settings/Devices/Touchpad/Touchpad sensitivity/Most sensitive to Low sensitivity. The other, beginning on the same page where this adjustment can be made, is also Additional...