Windows 10: Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN

Discus and support Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ONCE AGAIN !!! Windows have forced a update onto my Toshiba Satillite A200 laptop and now the built in LAN will not work due to the crappy driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenHayward26, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN

ONCE AGAIN !!! Windows have forced a update onto my Toshiba Satillite A200 laptop and now the built in LAN will not work due to the crappy driver Microsoft insists is the correct one for the machine.

I know the A200 is a very old laptop by todays standards but it is a well built machine that can take the knocks and bumps newer machines cannot so why is Microsoft hell bet on trying to wreak havoc on it by forcing bad drivers onto it and REMOVING PRORAMS that I use because they do not like them This includes Epson scanner and printer control software, Kapaskey Internet security and other software WHICH I HAD TO BUY AND CANNOT JUST REINSTALL .

WHEN IS MICROSOFT GOING TO GET INTO ITS THICK HEAD THEY DO NOT OWN OUR COMPUTERS WE DO!!!! I would think they would not like us to enter their large data centres and TRASH their machines with updates that do not work and just walk away without a word BUT THIS IS WHAT THEY CAN THINK THEY CAN DO TO US!!!!

WVERY TIME THEY ISSUE A UPDATE THEY **** SOMEBODYS MACHINE UP AND JUST WALK AWAY OR EXPECT YOU TO PAY THEM OUTRAGUS FEES TO FIX BY THEIR SO CALLED TECHANICAL SUPPORT

:)

StephenHayward26, Apr 13, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Apr 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 13, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN

n-ster, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN

1. Windows Update trashed my Laptop AGAIN - Similar Threads - Update trashed Laptop

2. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  3. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  6. Updates killing my laptop, again.

Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  7. Updates killing my laptop, again.

8. My Dell Laptop is Trashed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Laptop is Trashed!: Because the “Go Back” to Windows 10 button was Greyed Out! Facepalm. What a disaster! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-is-trashed/d1e02d69-105a-41a7-b21b-53ed8b910c14
  9. My Dell Laptop is Trashed!

My Dell Laptop is Trashed!: Because the “Go Back” to Windows 10 button was Greyed Out! Facepalm. What a disaster! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-is-trashed/d1e02d69-105a-41a7-b21b-53ed8b910c14
  10. Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop

Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop: Windows 10 Updates often trash my Desktop Layout. Everything is still there but it is completely re-arranged. This is particularly annoying when I have allowed the desktop to accumulate too much crap but still have all the important, frequently used stuff in discrete, easy to...