Windows 10: Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed.

Discus and support Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I update my GPU drivers manually within Radeon Software, and want to keep doing this and there on the latest optional drivers.But every so often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oliver2004om, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed.

I update my GPU drivers manually within Radeon Software, and want to keep doing this and there on the latest optional drivers.But every so often Windows Update attempts to install the recommended driver, and a tool to block these updates I've seen in all similar posts like this is not longer available, and even if it was forces you to do it every new driver windows gives you.Shouldn't windows detect I already have the drivers? Like it used too a few weeks ago.

:)

oliver2004om, Apr 22, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Display Driver error SONY VAIO AMD 7500/7600M

I have a Sony VAIO SVE15136CN, with Windows 10(x64) installed. I recently formatted it. It worked fine for a few minutes, but crashed on restart. I checked my Hard Drive and recovery media, but they had no errors. I was unable to pin down the error. I formatted the laptop several times, but to no avail. Then I went step-by-step, installing the drivers manually as per the SONY website, not via Windows Update. That was when I figured out there was a problem with my Display driver (AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600M Series). Each time I installed it and restarted, my PC crashed. Even after I installed the drivers, some Windows updates were needed, so subsequently I let Windows Update run to install them. This installed the AMD Display driver also, and my PC crashed while finishing updates on restart.

So I used Windows Disk and Recovery Tools(DART), and via Disk Management, in the Drivers section, I disabled 'amdkmdap' and another similar driver which I can't recall. This has worked so far, but I get the error 'AMD drivers not installed' from AMD Install Manager on every startup. This allows me to use the PC, but unfortunately I cannot adjust brightness.

I used the 'automatically detect driver' and also manually selecting the driver and installing(amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit), but to no avail. This is the latest driver. Display driver still keeps crashing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, so that I can get the 'adjust the brightness' setting back? Maybe a link from where I can download older official drivers of my AMD graphic card?

user635883, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed.

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed.

1. Windows Update tries to download AMD Display Drivers that are already installed. - Similar Threads - Update tries download

2. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago. I encountered errors with KB5034441 showing an error code after every reboot during the OS update process. Now that Windows is fully updated, every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error...
  3. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago. I encountered errors with KB5034441 showing an error code after every reboot during the OS update process. Now that Windows is fully updated, every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error...
  4. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  6. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  7. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  9. AMD Display Driver

AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  10. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...