Windows 10: Windows update trouble shooter service registry missing or corrupt

Discus and support Windows update trouble shooter service registry missing or corrupt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone help me fix this without having to use command prompts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abot2000, Dec 7, 2019.

1. abot2000 Win User

Windows update trouble shooter service registry missing or corrupt

Can anyone help me fix this without having to use command prompts.

:)

abot2000, Dec 7, 2019

2. Windows Update fails. Service Registation Missing or Corrupt

I have windows 10.

I am trying to run windows update and everything it goes to update fails.

I have run many diagnostics and trouble shooters. One says the service registration is missing or corrupt . The Microsoft automated trouble shooting diagnostics says failure for connection to UR https://support.microsoft.com all the others are ok. I have
    followed others steps where i go to cmd and i stop process and restart for BITS, updates, etc...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Keith

smithkeith162, Dec 7, 2019
  3. resolve update trouble > service registration missing or corrupt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the Windows Updates, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you trying to download and install any of the update (If so, mention)?
    • What is the complete error message of this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists,

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and check if you are able to install the updates.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: As the error message states that update services are corrupted, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2019
  4. TonyLeeZZ Win User

"service registration is missing or corrupt"

hello, so lately windows has been updating and its been coming up that "updates couldn't be installed" so i ran the windows update trouble shooter an the results where that
    "service registration is missing or corrupt" could anyone help me with this problem?

Currently using windows 10,

TonyLeeZZ, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update trouble shooter service registry missing or corrupt - Similar Threads - update trouble shooter

2. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  3. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  4. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I am having issues with my 2023 ASUS Zephyrus Duo laptop crashing no BSOD just a reboot and then the built in keyboard no longer working.The first recommended step is to run the Keyboard troubleshooter in "Additional Troubleshooters", however "Keyboard Troubleshooter" is not...
  5. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I am having issues with my 2023 ASUS Zephyrus Duo laptop crashing no BSOD just a reboot and then the built in keyboard no longer working.The first recommended step is to run the Keyboard troubleshooter in "Additional Troubleshooters", however "Keyboard Troubleshooter" is not...
  6. about window update trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about window update trouble shooter: i just buy this new laptopvostro 15 3000 when i went to microsoft store to dowload instagram its says error and when i click on see detail it says turn on window update :Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in...
  7. about window update trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about window update trouble shooter: i just buy this new laptopvostro 15 3000 when i went to microsoft store to dowload instagram its says error and when i click on see detail it says turn on window update :Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in...
  8. about window update trouble shooter

9. windows trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows trouble shooter: How do I fix error code 0x803C0103? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-trouble-shooter/249c2711-97a6-4997-ae7c-59cbe8b28886
  10. windows trouble shooter online services is desabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows trouble shooter online services is desabled: windows trouble shooter online services is desabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-trouble-shooter-online-services-is/91ff4585-f3df-43aa-b94d-0ec92153051a