Windows 10: Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix

Discus and support Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, 1703. I had an issue applying KB4041676 (which I resolved) but during the course of fixing that I ran the Windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WarningU2, Nov 9, 2017.

1. WarningU2 Win User

Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix

Running Windows 10, 1703.

I had an issue applying KB4041676 (which I resolved) but during the course of fixing that I ran the Windows update troubleshooter. I have no pending updates and my system is up to date according to Windows Update checker. But the troubleshooter said I did. It fixed the issue (supposedly).

For yucks I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter again. It appears to ALWAYS find pending updates and always fixes them. I now question the validity of the troubleshooter so wondered if there is a means to verify that updates are pending ... is there a registry entry I can reference?

I have also reset Windows update components using: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...ate-components. A lengthy process. I removed an update and ran the update checker again and it appears to be working because it found the update to be applied and reinstalled it again.

I tried again the windows update troubleshooter and guess what ... it still finds an update pending and fixes it.

So ... anyone have any ideas or seen similar behavior? Just ignore the Windows update troubleshooter since my updates are working.

:)

WarningU2, Nov 9, 2017

2. Realtek WLAN device could not be migrated

The Troubleshooter said it fixed a pending update in Windows Update, but I don't see the fixed update. And whenever I start this Troubleshooter, it says there's a pending update, and it has fixed it. It's annoying and I just can't understand it. And of
    course when I reinstall WLAN driver, the message remains "driver could not be migrated".

BalazsKiss1990, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Getting error of Oxc1900107

This issue might happen if there are any pending updates in the Windows or if some system files might got corrupted.

1. Run the Windows update Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Type troubleshooting in Windows Start Search box

Click Troubleshooting

Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.

2. If the issue is unresolved, check and install all the pending updates (if any), try updating the windows and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below to check for the pending updates.

Press Windows key + I key and click on Update & security Windows Update.

Click on Check for updates.

Install the pending updates (if any)

3. Check the below for few other solutions

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-update-error-c1...

E for Excel, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix

1. Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix - Similar Threads - Update Troubleshooter Always

2. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  3. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  4. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update always pending after finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update always pending after finish: I dont know what is going on but my windows update installs after an hour but once I check it again it still says pending updates waiting for installation. Tried it 2x more and still shows the exact updates pending in my system...
  6. Windows update always pending after finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update always pending after finish: I dont know what is going on but my windows update installs after an hour but once I check it again it still says pending updates waiting for installation. Tried it 2x more and still shows the exact updates pending in my system...
  7. Windows update always pending after finish

8. Windows 10 Update Error Pending Restart after Troubleshooting not fix error 0x800f0984

Windows 10 Update Error Pending Restart after Troubleshooting not fix error 0x800f0984: I was trying to Update 2004 to 20H2 I got error Pending Restart and get error code 0x800f0984 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-pending-restart-after/2137f7d6-b0d8-4b24-9551-7b0b615977bd
  9. Update Pending

Update Pending: Dear Sir/Madam, i'm using windows 10 Pro 1909. When i got 2004?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pending/026acb1a-9b52-434c-bb08-e98e243df14d
  10. Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...

Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...: Ran "Update troubleshooter" multiple times, no luck. Version is 1803. Updates are still piling up and showing as "pending download". I went and enabled downloading over metered connections - same thing....