Windows 10: Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438

Discus and support Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. My organization uses a piece of custom software that was developed for us forty years ago. Almost miraculously it has worked across all versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ty Bowen, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Ty Bowen Win User

Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438

Hello. My organization uses a piece of custom software that was developed for us forty years ago. Almost miraculously it has worked across all versions of Windows until now. The update KB4592438 breaks it completely. On more than ten machines I was able to uninstall the update then hide it with the Windows Update Troubleshooter from here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates-5df410a1-90f7-b744-0682-43be9c8fa17c

and it has not re-installed. On one machine, however, the update troubleshooter cannot find KB4592438 after I uninstall it. Does anyone have ideas of something I can do to make the uninstalled update register with the troubleshooter?

Thank you so much.

:)

Ty Bowen, Dec 29, 2020

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 29, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438 - Similar Threads - Update Troubleshooter Hide

2. KB4592438

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4592438: Windows 10 version 20H2 12KB4592438-0x800f081f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4592438-%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0%E5%A4%B1%E6%95%97/2fda437a-b012-4ee2-8224-8c352249bdb9
  3. KB4592438 Update

KB4592438 Update: Hello everyone! I have a problem with an KB4592438 update. When I tried to install this update, my computer failed after restarting system. On the screen blue screen with sign: DO not turn off your computer and then failed with installation. It took all changes back and my...
  4. Restarting to install Window updates KB4592438

Restarting to install Window updates KB4592438: window asked for a restart to install but after I chose restart, it stuck at restarting with the circling dots. I have just reset my PC about 2 days before this update because of the same problem stuck at restarting [IMG]...
  5. Windows 10 update KB4592438 Causing Application Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update KB4592438 Causing Application Error: The recent Windows security update KB4592438 is giving me and my clients an error. In know this update is causing the error because when I remove it the error goes away. Granted this is an old dll but it's been working fine up until now but at the same time I don't want to...
  6. Cumulative Update KB4592438

Cumulative Update KB4592438: I cannot download this update from the windows updater and I cannot download it manually either. It fails everytime. Error code 0x80070002. I uninstalled the previous update and it successfully reinstalled the previous but still failed with this one. Help please....
  7. chkdsk /f problem in KB4592438 update: Troubleshoot cannot be followed because I cannot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk /f problem in KB4592438 update: Troubleshoot cannot be followed because I cannot...: Dear community, I recently run into a lot of problems where my Lenovo Yoga C940 laptop crashed every few hours, mostly because of a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. To fix it, I run chkdsk /f. Later, my computer crashed again and I am always only shown the option to Troubleshoot or...
  8. Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??: I read that the lastest windows update damages SSDs. I don't want my computer to die so I thought of uninstalling the update. Should I do it or are there any reasons why that is not a safe move? submitted by /u/Supersupermate [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80071160 on Update KB4592438

Windows Update Error 0x80071160 on Update KB4592438: I have been trying to update my Windows 10 to the latest version KB4592438, however every time I try it stops at 100% and then shows the error 0x80071160. I have tried: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooting Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folder Running sfc /scannow...
  10. Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter

Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter: I would like to block the recent cumulative update from July 16 for build 1803 (KB4345421) from installing on my computer as it seems to give me trouble when I install it. I tried using the Microsoft Hide Updates software but only the update from July 10 shows up. Is there a...
Tags: