Windows 10: Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

Discus and support Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just got the latest Nvidia graphics driver update from Nvidia Geforce Experience 2 days ago. Immediately after I installed it, Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MattMcD488, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

I just got the latest Nvidia graphics driver update from Nvidia Geforce Experience 2 days ago. Immediately after I installed it, Windows Update "updated" said driver to a much older version from July... It also automatically installed the Nvidia Control Panel app from the MS Store (for the DCH driver, which doesn't work because I had the standard driver installed). After this, I couldn't open Nvidia Control Panel at all. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the standard driver from Nvidia's website and all seemed well (I could open Nvidia Control Panel again), but immediately afterward, Windows Update tried to install the older version again. I used the Show/Hide Updates Troubleshooter to hide the update but I've read that this will only last until MS pushes a newer version.

Why is Windows Update trying to force a driver downgrade and how do I permanently stop this for future updates?

:)

MattMcD488, Sep 12, 2019

2. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS.

I have complained repeatedly to the customer service line about this issue and now I see that the graphics driver is crashing every few seconds and "successfully" restarting to crash again. That looks like a failure to me.

Might I suggest not calling the restart a success until it actually fails to crash for the first few seconds it resumes normal activity, and if it immediately crashes again, maybe the operating system should TELL MICROSOFT ABOUT IT> with the customer's permission
    to send a list of actively running programs and processes with the hardware description.

I am TIRED of being lied to. If I have a standard user account using the administrator's ID to get permission to perform administrative tasks, it should work all the time; any time it does not work as expected because of a non-stated Microsoft Policy to
    protect it's own software, and requires all users to log in as the administrator, is a bit excessive and abuses the standard user with permission to run administrative actions.

If you don't like compromising what you've set up as a standard user, I suggest you make an advanced user profile, and start making the install program from NVIDIA work on WINDOWS 10! THAT IS A BASIC EXPECTATION. (or are you being completely stupid about computer
    operating systems?)

Sole Proprietor of Digital Streamlining Unlimited, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Nvidia Driver update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 12, 2019
  4. Ramzi. H Win User

Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

Nvidia driver doesn't detect the graphic hardware

Did you notice that on Device Manager the Display adapter doesn't appear ?

And I tried installing the latest driver from Nvidia site and it didn't detect any compatible graphic hardware

Ramzi. H, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

1. Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver - Similar Threads - Update trying downgrade

2. Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers: I have two laptops each with Nvidia graphics cards, one with a 1060 6gb and one with a 1650. Recently I updated both of my laptops with the windows update, and after I installed the update my graphics drivers in BOTH laptops stopped working, giving me error code 43 hardware...
  3. Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers: I have two laptops each with Nvidia graphics cards, one with a 1060 6gb and one with a 1650. Recently I updated both of my laptops with the windows update, and after I installed the update my graphics drivers in BOTH laptops stopped working, giving me error code 43 hardware...
  4. Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  6. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  7. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.: I'm unable to properly update my graphics Driver. It is a NVidia RTX 2080. Within about 20% of the install the computer reboots. This is not normal. Normally the display will go black then come back and the installation will finish, but not reboot the computer in the process....
  9. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  10. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...