Windows 10: Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer

Discus and support Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I simply don't understand why this happens, I replaced an RX580 with an RTX 2060, all good, uninstalled the AMD drivers of the RX580 and installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VREAUHASH, Apr 22, 2020.

1. VREAUHASH Win User

Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer

I simply don't understand why this happens, I replaced an RX580 with an RTX 2060, all good, uninstalled the AMD drivers of the RX580 and installed the new nVidia ones, still after 2 days I found out not 1 but 2 drivers downloaded by windows update for the AMD RX580???. I deleted them from DriverRepository and now they are back a few days later, and I am also prompted to update to a new version of them.

I've searched and the solution is to hide the updates, but I need to understand also why this happens, if the component is no longer in the PC, why windows update provides updates for it?

:)

VREAUHASH, Apr 22, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer

Installing nv drivers.. Gfx drivers

Allright, Thanks! Gonna reboot now and try and see if that annoyance shows up, although I don't have install drivers when I connect device set on windows update on hardware properties, it STILL insists on installing its own! Lmao... Brb gonna try out your suggestion! Thnx man

psyko12, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer - Similar Threads - Update trying install

2. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  3. Hardware Issues With Old Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Issues With Old Computer: Hi. I'm not expecting any definite answers, here, but I'm hoping for a few ideas. I decided to try to install Win10 on an old desktop. It is barely minimum spec (896MB RAM - not sure why this isn't 1GB - another issue?). However, this isn't the issue. I can get virtually...
  4. remove old computers from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove old computers from network: Hi, I followed some suggestions about removing old computers from my network but without success. I would know the reason why windows is displaying computer names that have been deleted years ! ago. Why I'm not able to delete them? Is it available a method without resetting...
  5. Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver: So, as my subject says, I have been having a major issue with Windows Update constantly trying to install an ancient driver for my GPU. I have a driver installed that is as current as I could get, which is at most a month or two old, but every time Windows Update checks for...
  6. How to remove old installed driver permanently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove old installed driver permanently?: Hi, I have Bluetooth Toshiba RFBUS driver installed already which was from my old Bluetooth dongle. I purchased new USB Bluetooth because the old one is not working on Windows 10. This new USB has a different driver but the problem is whenever I plug this device the old...
  7. Removing a user from an old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a user from an old computer: "delete the Microsoft Account and make the other account as administrator." If I delete the Microsoft Account, my wife can't use her new computer without a Microsoft Account, right? How do I give her old windows computer to someone else while moving everything form her...
  8. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  9. Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer: I was bought Windows 10 Pro at November 27, 2016. Now, the computer broke and unusable. Now, i buy new computer with Windows 10 Home. Can i remove the windows 10 from my old computer and install it to my new windows. How to request Activation Key if i bought in Windows Store?...
  10. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298