Windows 10: Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

Discus and support Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrgreensniperz, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync either has to be on or off, otherwise my game will look choppy despite having 90 or even 100+ frames. I am planning on using DDU sometime to fix it but it don't really bother me that much since I just have to either have it on or off. but anyways any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/mrgreensniperz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrgreensniperz, Nov 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Trying to install drivers for old video card? Help.

Thanks. Just ran the display driver uninstaller utility from Guru3D and Windows is still trying to install the old drivers. *Frown Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers? :(

Mercennarius, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

1. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers? - Similar Threads - Update trying install

2. Windows Update pushing the old drivers for display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update pushing the old drivers for display: Hi! I have been facing an issue for a long time now which is getting on my nerves now. The display driver for my device has the latest drivers installed from the original driver website... but due to some reason, windows update pushes the older version of a driver over the...
  3. Nvidia display drivers ready to install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia display drivers ready to install: I have just checked for updates on my IP beta W10 and Nvidia display drivers are ready to install. There seems to be no option to reject them. Trouble is, this pc is running its graphics off the Athlon 3000G processor. What is Microsoft up to? *Eek 162844
  4. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of NVIDIA Display Drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of NVIDIA Display Drivers: Ive been trying to install updated drivers to my computer but everytime i have tried i get a notification saying that a virus was stopped at the exact time i was attempting to install the drivers, ive tried everything i can but i don't know what to do. may i please have some...
  5. Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver: I just got the latest Nvidia graphics driver update from Nvidia Geforce Experience 2 days ago. Immediately after I installed it, Windows Update "updated" said driver to a much older version from July... It also automatically installed the Nvidia Control Panel app from the MS...
  6. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  7. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298
  8. Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem: I fear Win10 updates so every time I turn on the PC I click in the windows update to see what it downloads! Today I saw a NVIDIA driver with a old date from 2016 and I quickly disabled my internet connection like I was being hacked or something *Smile I never had this...
  9. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

Windows 10, install old nvidia driver: Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install...
  10. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.: I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions. 4286