Windows 10: Windows Update Unresponsive - Have tried everything

Discus and support Windows Update Unresponsive - Have tried everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. Windows is refusing to update, the window freezes when I try to enter any other setting in the windows update window, advanced settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Foamsmith, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Foamsmith Win User

Windows Update Unresponsive - Have tried everything

Hello all.

Windows is refusing to update, the window freezes when I try to enter any other setting in the windows update window, advanced settings, change active hours, pause updates, etc. The error code I always get is: 0x80080005

I have tried Windows Update Troubleshooter and it has given me results that say the problem is fixed with a yellow notification shield, but it doesn't work.

I've deleted the cache folder manually, still nothing. When I run DSIM commands it gives me an error.

I've run ResetWUEng and still nothing.

:)

Foamsmith, Apr 28, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Apr 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Unresponsive - Have tried everything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update Unresponsive - Have tried everything - Similar Threads - Update Unresponsive tried

2. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything: Hello all,I have an issue browsing websites from my laptop, i get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Its the same error no matter which website I try to access. I have a working wifi connection, laptop is connected to the wifi, I see data packages send back and forth...
  3. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install an update and have tried everything.: I have been trying to install:2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5012157and2022-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5010472Both give the error of...
  4. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install an update and have tried everything.: I have been trying to install:2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5012157and2022-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5010472Both give the error of...
  5. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  7. Windows 10 1809 will not update I have tried everything

Windows 10 1809 will not update I have tried everything: Hello and thank you for taking the time to offer your help. I have an HP Z4 G4 workstation that will not update from Windows 10 1809. I tried the following: Windows setting> update and security Windows update assistant Troubleshoot Windows Update Running the Windows...
  8. Windows Won't Update, I have tried everything

Windows Won't Update, I have tried everything: My PC can update to 1903 build. This wouldn't bother me too much, but my computer restarts multiple times a day, every day, trying to complete the install. This is annoying. I keep losing unsaved data. I have tried windows update troubleshooter. It says it fixes issues,...
  9. No sound, Have tried everything to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound, Have tried everything to fix: Lost sound on my PC but have no idea why or how, was on line and it just went like that, have tried every possible fix but nothing will fix it, any ideas from anyone out there? Thank you....
  10. Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything

Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything: Hi Everyone, So I have been having major issues with my PC for several months now. I currently have installed Windows 10 home and for as long as I can remember the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 has been failing every time. The update manages to download onto my...