Windows 10: Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

Discus and support Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds Internally, Microsoft is working on a number of features and changes coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/latest-i...windows-update

:)

Cluster Head, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 iso with latest updates

You are not gonna get the latest updates until major revisions like Redstone are released. Right now, the latest you will get is Windows 10 November Update build 10586.0 when you download the ISO. After running Windows Update, you will get the latest cumulative
    updates which is 10586.122

Andre Da Costa, Mar 25, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Interesting.. and thanks for sharing.

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    A welcome feature.

One question :
    " public preview builds " as in Insider Preview builds ?

davidhk, Mar 25, 2016
  6. Thank you.Much Appreciated *Smile

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 25, 2016
  7. There are internal builds that only Microsoft testers see, and public builds Insiders can see. It all depends on what Ring your on. There are Rings Consumer Insiders don't see and can't select. Only select Microsoft employees have access to the internal builds.

alphanumeric, Mar 25, 2016
  8. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

Looks like they might actually be listening to feed back. Being able to defer updates so they are done when your PC is idle, and not while your working, will be good.

alphanumeric, Mar 25, 2016
  9. gtspeck Win User
    This will be a nice improvement*Biggrin

gtspeck, Mar 26, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

One improvement that would make this update system really first class would be to be able to reboot and re-logon again automatically so for example if you were running Media servers and your system would shut down / reboot after an update you wouldn't need to logon again to re-start the services. These could easily run from Boot without a user even being logged on.

If that poses too much of a security risk couldn't some of these service be re-started again without you even having to logon again - after all to use a media server (PLEX for example) it shouldn't be necessary to be actually logged in to the Windows system hosting the service. Similarly with some VM's you might be running from your Windows machine. These could easily run as Background processes which could be accessed from a remote laptop etc without you physically having to be logged on to the Host machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 26, 2016
  11. larc919 Win User
    Meh. That might be good for people who don't actively keep up with updates and rely on the auto function of WU to do it. I rarely get one I don't go looking for.

larc919, Mar 26, 2016
  12. I do believe there are a great many people who do just that. The issue for many is the auto reboot when the time comes and potential lose of work in progress.

alphanumeric, Mar 26, 2016
  13. DooGie Win User

Thanks for posting that CH. Something to look forward to.

DooGie, Mar 26, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    That will be a nice improvement.

Winuser, Mar 27, 2016
  15. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds - Similar Threads - Update updated latest

2. Update Windows 10 Build 10240 to Latest Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows 10 Build 10240 to Latest Version: I have a PC with an Intel Core i3 6100 processor, clock speed is 3.7GHz and 8GB of RAM. I have a 930GB HHD with 891GB Free. It's on Windows 10 Enterprise. When I'm on WinVer I see that I'm on build 10240. I need to try and get it on version 2004 or build 19041. When I...
  3. Unable to update the Windows 10 to the latest Build.

Unable to update the Windows 10 to the latest Build.: Here is the screenshot, where it doesn't moves from here even after the restart it shows the same message. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-the-windows-10-to-the-latest/872ac206-d457-4255-bb5d-90b7d4dc7021
  4. Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build

Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build: Has anyone had a fix for this? I'm getting an error 0x8007000d for the past month now and every Windows update has the same resulting code whenever I try to install it. Is there a way to install this without having to factory reset (btw, I can't go back to the previous build)...
  5. New build confirms Redstone 5 update is Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    New build confirms Redstone 5 update is Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft is committed to Windows 10 update cycle with two different releases every year, in April and October. So the Redstone 5 update is likely to be finalized in September and it’ll be rolled out to the general public in early October. Obviously, the insiders already have...
  6. Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds: Microsoft has already confirmed that the development of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update is in the final stage. Microsoft will soon start focusing on stabilization for Windows 10 Redstone 5 and it appears that the software giant is preparing Redstone 6 builds for the Skip Ahead...
  7. How to update Windows 10 ISO to the latest build??

How to update Windows 10 ISO to the latest build??: Hey guys! Basically what I mean is that I've created the ISO file using Media Creation Tool right after upgrading Windows 8.1. Since then W10 was updated to the 10586 build and I was thinking of updating the ISO (just for emergencies). What are my options? Should I use MCT...
  8. Latest internal Windows 10 Mobile Build brings app update notification

in Windows 10 News
    Latest internal Windows 10 Mobile Build brings app update notification: For some time Microsoft was actively obfuscating information about the update status of apps, implementing “features” such as the removal of version numbers, last update dates and update history and also notifications of when apps have been updated. The result has been that...
  9. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements: Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of new user-interface improvements and changes across the operating system for both desktop and phone, after months of working on...
  10. Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’: A few months ago, details regarding a number of upcoming ‘feature’ updates for Windows 10 were detailed, the first of which is codenamed Threshold 2 and scheduled to arrive in just a few weeks. Threshold 2 will include a number of small features and tweaks which were...