Windows 10: Windows Update updating display driver each time

Discus and support Windows Update updating display driver each time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by essential._., Jun 30, 2022.

1. Windows Update updating display driver each time

For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed on my computer. It does not install the driver again, but just loads my disk for 1-3 minutes.

:)

essential._., Jun 30, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update updating display driver each time 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Display driver issues

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Then try to update the display drivers.

How to update drivers: Windows help & learning

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Windows Update updating display driver each time

Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update updating display driver each time

1. Windows Update updating display driver each time - Similar Threads - Update updating display

2. Display Drivers and Windows update errors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Drivers and Windows update errors.: When I came back from vacation, I'd realized the screen was widened on our pc. Usually updating our drivers is the quick fix, but out Nvidia drivers weren't in the device manager. I tried to see If I had to update our pc. It does show there is a Nvidia display update waiting...
  3. Windows Update updating display driver each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update updating display driver each time: For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed on my computer. It does not install the driver again, but just loads my disk for 1-3 minutes....
  4. Windows Update updating display driver each time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update updating display driver each time: For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed on my computer. It does not install the driver again, but just loads my disk for 1-3 minutes....
  5. Timing Display of Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timing Display of Windows Update: I am on Win 64 10 v 21H2 fully updated.Each day say about 0915 when I first connect to Internet MS Edge I go to Settings -Update and Security.Some days I get "you last updated at -same time as this log on.Other days I get "your system is update to date -last updated yesterday...
  6. Timing Display of Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Timing Display of Windows Update: I am on Win 64 10 v 21H2 fully updated.Each day say about 0915 when I first connect to Internet MS Edge I go to Settings -Update and Security.Some days I get "you last updated at -same time as this log on.Other days I get "your system is update to date -last updated yesterday...
  7. Timing Display of Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows Updates each update individually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates each update individually: I reinstalled windows on my PC and I had to install an update after that another one and another one. In this Screenshot you can see my update history. Windows installed each update individually. Is there any way to install all updates at once (even if it takes longer) ?...
  9. Update display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update display driver: how to download and update display driver since my pc is showing that the display driver got failed.? Do help me with the entire process of working out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-display-driver/d47a61fd-2b82-43ff-8275-f455b47b4794
  10. Display Driver Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver Update: I just want to warn anybody with a laptop that uses a ATI graphic card that on my Toshiba Laptop running the Win10TP Windows update updated the driver for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series graphic card. Definitely a step backwards. I lost most of the display resolutions...