Windows 10: Windows update V1803

Discus and support Windows update V1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For a number of months I have been prompted to update to V1803. When doing his update I always got the blue screen of death - showing a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J.Mccabe-Smith, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Windows update V1803

Hi,

For a number of months I have been prompted to update to V1803. When doing his update I always got the blue screen of death - showing a driver problem. Updating all drivers has not solved this problem and the update will always revert back to previous version of Windows.

Now, yesterday I was again prompted to update to V1803. This went ahead automatically and has caused the PC to not operate. When updated and restarted, the PC will boot to the 'enter password' login screen, thereafter all there is is a black screen, it won't boot to the desktop. Restarting does not help, so all I have is a black screen with only the mouse pointer.

This will probably need a reinstall of windows and causes such inconvenience as this is a work PC. Does anyone have any suggestions that might prevent the 'mess' of having to reinstall windows and all apps.

Thanks

:)

J.Mccabe-Smith, Oct 15, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update V1803 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Athlonite Win User
    Athlonite, Oct 15, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update V1803

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows update V1803

1. Windows update V1803 - Similar Threads - update V1803

2. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  3. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  4. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. KB4577032 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.1726 Sept. 8

in Windows 10 News
    KB4577032 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.1726 Sept. 8: September 8, 2020 - KB4577032 (OS Build 17134.1726) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1803 all editions, Windows 10 version 1803 (Enterprise, Education, IoT Enterprise) NEW IMPORTANT We have heard your feedback and understand your need to focus on business continuity in the...
  6. Windows 10 won't update past v1803

Windows 10 won't update past v1803: My laptop has tried to update to v1903 every day for the past 8 or so months. It "completes" the update just fine and tells me to restart, but upon restart it says it's up to date then detects and attempts to download the update again, still on v1803. I've tried a repair...
  7. Updating windows problems from v1803 to latest, trouble.

Updating windows problems from v1803 to latest, trouble.: hi, I am struggling to update my windows 10 from 1803 to the latest version. Everytime I try it gets to 60% and says that "windows could not configure one or more system components" then rolls back the install. I have updated my drivers, used the media creation tool and tried...
  8. KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - March 10

in Windows 10 News
    KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - March 10: KB4494451: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server 2016 Version 1803, Windows 10 version 1803 Summary This article describes the latest microcode updates from Intel. We recommend that you reinstall this update to make sure you have the latest updates. Intel...
  9. KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - February 25

in Windows 10 News
    KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - February 25: KB4494451: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server 2016 Version 1803, Windows 10 version 1803 Summary This article describes the latest microcode updates from Intel. We recommend that you reinstall this update to make sure you have the latest updates. Intel...
  10. KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - January 30

in Windows 10 News
    KB4494451 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1803 - January 30: KB4494451: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server 2016 Version 1803, Windows 10 version 1803 Summary Recent Changes Revised 1/30/2020: Intel Microcode updates for the following products (CPUs) have been revised. Denverton Sandy Bridge Sandy Bridge E, EP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 v1803 64x kb4483234