Windows 10: Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now

Discus and support Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my pc is trying to install the Windows 10 1903 update for almost 3 months now and it just will not work. The download of the update always goes as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steveennn, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Steveennn Win User

Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now

So my pc is trying to install the Windows 10 1903 update for almost 3 months now and it just will not work. The download of the update always goes as planned (as far as I can see). Then I get bombarded whit the usual "restart your pc to install the update" messages every 10 seconds. When I try to restart my pc, so that the update can install, it always installs to about the 15 - 30% and then my pc shuts down and restarts again. This is not a weird thing for updates HOWEVER my pc does not continue the installation, it just boots windows as normal without the 1903 update. And then the process starts all over again with downloading the update.

I already tried a lot of stuff that I found online to fix this, but nothing works. I already tried:
    - Turning off Anti-Virus
    - Detaching all external devices

- Checked all drivers

- Removed temporary installation files

- Used the following commands:

o DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

o DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

o DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

o sfc /scannow

- Manually downloading the update from the windows website

- Used the windows troubleshooter

- Booted from USB device

I turned off automatic updates for now since this is driving me completely insane. Please someone come with a answer. Because a clean install of windows and losing all files etc. is not a option for me.

:)

Steveennn, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Wobble 12 Win User

To early to update to Version 1903?

Those that have upgraded to Version 1903, is MS still coming out with download updates to that version quite frequently? Or, do you suggest waiting another month or 2?

I waited 3 months to upgrade to 1809. This past May, I never saw so many updates to that version......weekly! Maybe those updates were some additions that are in 1903???

Wobble 12, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Oct 1, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now - Similar Threads - update version 1903

2. My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now: My laptop has failed the most recent Windows update more than 30 consecutive times, and i have tried really hard to at least diagnose the problem, but all i know is that the error code is 0x80070003, and the troubleshooter has been as helpful as a waste of time in the form of...
  3. Is Version 1903 unstable now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Version 1903 unstable now?: I still have Version 1903, am am starting to see strange things start to happen. One time when I clicked on Hibernate to hibernate the laptop, it shut down instead. Also, When I have multiple windows open including File Explorer, I can't actually view File Explorer unless I...
  4. Windows 10 Refuses to Update to 1903

Windows 10 Refuses to Update to 1903: I've been messing around with this for an entire week and I think my laptop might be toast. I have an ASUS Zenbook Pro ux501vw and am currently running 1803. Checking for updates in the Settings doesn't show 1903 so I downloaded the Windows Update Utility from online. Froze...
  5. 3 WIndows Updates for 1903 Not Installing

3 WIndows Updates for 1903 Not Installing: I have WIndows 10 1903, KB 4522741 and 4524100 and 4517389 will not install. Try numerous times and a reset of my windows update components, ERROR 0x80073712. Any help would be appreciated. I was told this may be why I cannot even install Microsoft Office 2019....
  6. Windows update version 1903

Windows update version 1903: My computer has downloaded the update yet, when I restart the computer to install the update. there is no attempt to install the update just a normal restart happens. after the restart i am prompted to restart the computer to install update again but no update gets installed...
  7. No sound after updated to version 1903 since last month

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updated to version 1903 since last month: I met some audio issues since windows update to version 1903. I tried to update all my drivers, restart windows audio services also didn't work. When I try to run test tone, it prompted 'failed to play test tone!'. I ran the audio troubleshooter and it shows audio device not...
  8. Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.

Windows 10 refuses to update to 1903.: I’ve tried several things so far. I’ve input commands into command prompt, deleted files, disabled features, reset Windows twice, etc. Ive even tried the media creation tool. No matter what, it always winds up at a rather low resolution update screen that gets to 1-2 percent...
  9. Windows update to version 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update to version 1903: I am at my wits end with the many failed attempt's to update windows 10 to version 1903. If I do a factory reset on my computer, will that allow my system to update to the current version of Windows? Thanks....
  10. Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.: I've tried every single method suggested on the main FAQ and forums, but I have not been able to successfully install any Windows 10 updates for at least 3-4 months now. Perhaps longer. I've lost count, to be honest. It always displayed the same message about it "couldn't...