Windows 10: Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems

Discus and support Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the most recent Windows Update, it seems to mess up both my headset microphone and my integrated laptop microphone. Before this update, I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajcheech, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ajcheech Win User

Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems

In the most recent Windows Update, it seems to mess up both my headset microphone and my integrated laptop microphone. Before this update, I always used my laptop's microphone and whenever I update Windows I never had any problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the update multiple times, kept the headset plugged in during the update one time, unplugged it for another time, but nothing seems to work. I checked my drivers, and it seems that my laptop microphone has completely dissapeared. Whenever I try to use my headset microphone, no noise is picked up. I have tried to increase the amount of decibals, but that only led to it being cloudy and hard to hear. My audio is just fine, and I have went through Microsoft's recommended troubleshooting already.

Extra Information I can think of:

Laptop Model: GL62M 7RD

Laptop Microphone: Realtek High Definition Audio

Headset: Steelseries Arctis 3 Wired

:)

ajcheech, Mar 16, 2021

2. Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Microphone Problem

Hello,

The issue that you're experiencing with the microphone may be caused by outdated driver. We would like to know more details about your concern so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we would also suggest that you update your driver. To do that, here are the

steps
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems

1. Windows Update "version 20H2" creates microphone problems - Similar Threads - Update version 20H2

2. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2: I removed the old users on my computer, leaving only the old blank administrator account. Now currently I cannot make any adjustment to the administrator account, and I am trying to add new users but when in the settings menu I go to add new users, I get a complaint screen...
  3. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2: I removed the old users on my computer, leaving only the old blank administrator account. Now currently I cannot make any adjustment to the administrator account, and I am trying to add new users but when in the settings menu I go to add new users, I get a complaint screen...
  4. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  6. microphone problem on 20H2 update

microphone problem on 20H2 update: i already tried the 20H2 update, when i update my laptop, the microphone doesn't work, i thought that my headset is broken, but when i try it on may phone, it working as usual, so i try it without my headset, then i still can't use my microphone, so i reinstall the previous...
  7. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  8. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.: Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I turn on my laptop or restart it, I get a message telling me the battery needs to be replaced black screen that says press to...
  9. have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2

have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2: Hi with the last update for windows I turn on my computer and i Have no D:\ Drive Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-problems-with-windows10-update-version-20h2/09a8d30a-dd16-4370-a6d2-94c489e314b6
  10. Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2

Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2: As mentioned in the title, I constantly receive the Error 0x80070003 Downloading does not seem to be the issue but the installation. I have already tried the following: —Restarted Computer —Ran troubleshooter it detected problems and restarted after that —Temporarily...