Windows 10: Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error

Discus and support Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried updating windows 10 and it was too big so I had to use an external micro sd card. Error updating so it wants to rollback a window pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Id10p, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Id10p Win User

Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error

I tried updating windows 10 and it was too big so I had to use an external micro sd card. Error updating so it wants to rollback a window pops up everytime and just loops asks for bootlocker code I forgot my password for Microsoft so it took 30 days and this morning I got the code from my connected devices. Haven't slept I memorized the long code from hours of typing itnin. I flle like tossing this laptop out of the sky loving window but that's not a real option. Maybe this is not a big deal and I should just find joy outside... I might be homeless if I can't fix this thing. Anyway that's my "problem " I hope you enjoyed reading my ramblings, your new friend and mine - me

:)

Id10p, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

sd card error

Hi,

This issue that you're experiencing when inserting an SD card into your computer's card reader can sometimes occur if your SD card is corrupted. For us to isolate this issue, please provide the following information:

• Is this the first time that you've experienced this issue? Were there any programs or Windows update that was installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried inserting a different SD card into your device to check if the same issue will persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, send us a screenshot showing the complete error message that you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jun 18, 2020
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error

1. Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error - Similar Threads - update was too

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. BSOD when using SD card after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when using SD card after update: Every time I update my OS something breaks. This is probably why people do not trust Microsoft and are in no hurry to install updates...After updating the OS, I get a BSOD every time I insert the SD card into the laptop. It has the EXT4 file system. I know that Winovs is not...
  4. BSOD when using SD card after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using SD card after update: Every time I update my OS something breaks. This is probably why people do not trust Microsoft and are in no hurry to install updates...After updating the OS, I get a BSOD every time I insert the SD card into the laptop. It has the EXT4 file system. I know that Winovs is not...
  5. Windows Installation using SD Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installation using SD Card: Today i was trying to boot my laptop with sd card windows 10 but when i click on custom install it shows no drives to install windows. i tried to install it to my old pc there drives were detected but not in this laptop.it shows load drivers option any way to fix it...
  6. Windows Installation using SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation using SD Card: Today i was trying to boot my laptop with sd card windows 10 but when i click on custom install it shows no drives to install windows. i tried to install it to my old pc there drives were detected but not in this laptop.it shows load drivers option any way to fix it...
  7. Windows Installation using SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Using SD Card in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using SD Card in Windows: can i use a 2 terabyte sd card in my hp computer [Original Title: sd capacity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-in-windows/47a6af69-5c0e-416f-825f-28d14c38bbea
  9. Using SD Card

Using SD Card: Can I use SD card as a recovery device? I don't have flash drive available with 16gb size because im planning on resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-sd-card/d77d7bb6-b873-440d-9ec5-d769d2eae873
  10. Using an SD card to install?

Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...