Windows 10: windows update: what updates are waiting?

Discus and support windows update: what updates are waiting? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 11 23H2scenario: I have updates paused until 4 weeks from now. I click on resume updates.I have no idea what is waiting.-- ThinkPad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KrisM44, Nov 3, 2023.

1. KrisM44 Win User

windows update: what updates are waiting?

11 23H2scenario: I have updates paused until 4 weeks from now. I click on resume updates.I have no idea what is waiting.-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.- others --laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson Perfection 2480 flatbed scanner -

:)

KrisM44, Nov 3, 2023
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 3, 2023
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 3, 2023
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. windows update: what updates are waiting? - Similar Threads - update updates are

2. What's the longest anyone's had to wait for a Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the longest anyone's had to wait for a Windows Update?: Mine's taken over an hour and a half so far - still waiting, been stuck on 'Installing - 70%' for most of this time. No idea if or when this is going to complete!This is silly and slightly worrying. My Internet hasn't gone down.....
  3. What's the longest anyone's had to wait for a Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the longest anyone's had to wait for a Windows Update?: Mine's taken over an hour and a half so far - still waiting, been stuck on 'Installing - 70%' for most of this time. No idea if or when this is going to complete!This is silly and slightly worrying. My Internet hasn't gone down.....
  4. windows update: what updates are waiting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update: what updates are waiting?: 11 23H2scenario: I have updates paused until 4 weeks from now. I click on resume updates.I have no idea what is waiting.-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.- others --laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson...
  5. Windows Update Center: remove waiting to installl updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Center: remove waiting to installl updates: Hello,Can anyone tell how to remove firmware updates from the Windows Update Center downloads with a status "waiting to install"? I have cleaned up the folder %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ but this did not remove firmare updates from the list. I prefer installing...
  6. Windows Update Center: remove waiting to installl updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Center: remove waiting to installl updates: Hello,Can anyone tell how to remove firmware updates from the Windows Update Center downloads with a status "waiting to install"? I have cleaned up the folder %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ but this did not remove firmare updates from the list. I prefer installing...
  7. Windows Update stuck at please wait

Windows Update stuck at please wait: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 20H2, it seems like something went wrong. First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restart After that, I opened settings and it is stuck...
  8. Windows update waiting for download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update waiting for download: Hello Windows updates won't download (stuck at waiting for download) Windows store is in the same state, can't update any app. What I already tried : sfc and dism did not find any error windows update troubleshooter detect updates are waiting but does not fix it. my...
  9. Windows update, wait or defer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update, wait or defer?: Hello, I am in the middle of troubleshooting my pc for an issue and I'm wondering should I just let windows update or defer that big 3gig at the beginning? I have yet to get a update that didn't give me some errors. If let it update is the best way is there something I'm...
  10. Still waiting for the update

Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371