Windows 10: windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

Discus and support windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I run windows update I get message "windows 10 May 2020 update is on its way ..." The message always says it it not yet ready for my device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve Richter, Oct 27, 2020.

1. windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

when I run windows update I get message "windows 10 May 2020 update is on its way ..." The message always says it it not yet ready for my device. How do I find out what the holdup is?

Windows update says this laptop is up to date.

Windows system information:

system model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362

BIOS: Insyde F.41, 8/10/2017

:)

Steve Richter, Oct 27, 2020
  2. GCOLLAR1 Win User

Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready"

Why doesn't Microsoft inform us the reasons why our Windows 10 device is "not quite ready for update"? And, perhaps, at what point time our devices might evolve to be ready for update. Better yet inform each user why his or her particular device is "not
    quite ready for update" and what remedies might make it "ready for update". Maybe the remedies could be provided by Microsoft.

GCOLLAR1, Oct 27, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device? [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 27, 2020
  4. windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

I used to get the download and install option for the windows 2004 version before but now it is not showing and displaying this "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your
    device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.". I always keep my drivers up-to-date using Device Manager and the main vendor website.

P.S. My laptop is HP, running Win 10 Home SL.

kalyan1107, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

1. windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device? - Similar Threads - update why version

2. why my windows is not ready for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why my windows is not ready for update: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. This is the message shown by the system. I have "HP OMEN 15 Series" laptop. I keep my drivers Up to date but why I am not reciving this update....
  3. Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004

Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004: I have 2 desktop computers. Speccy reports on each one attached. The Old computer, computer A is about 10 years old. The new computer, Computer B is about 6 months old. I made an image of Computer A when it was on Windows 10 1903. I restored this image to Computer B, I then...
  4. Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?: I'm getting the "We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite for it" message. I appreciate, that Microsoft doesn't force this update, when it would cause issues. But what specifically is blocking the update? The "Learn more" page was less...
  5. Not ready for 2004 update message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  6. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  7. Update to Windows 10 version 2004 - Ridiculous!! "Once your device is ready"!!

Update to Windows 10 version 2004 - Ridiculous!! "Once your device is ready"!!: Microsoft clearly tells you it's your fault...... "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s...
  8. Ridiculous!! "Once your device is ready"!! Feature Update to Windows 10 version 2004

Ridiculous!! "Once your device is ready"!! Feature Update to Windows 10 version 2004: Microsoft clearly tells you it's your fault...... "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s...
  9. Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready"

Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready": Any idea why this is? l am literally running a very modern £1600 PC with very modern hardware approx 6 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-your-device-is-not-ready/f05c73bb-e18b-425c-ad07-5cdfcb72c72b
  10. May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?: I recently received a message saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to...