Windows 10: Windows update will not actually apply?

Discus and support Windows update will not actually apply? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to run updates to v2004 on our network and some machines will go through the motions and actually show as complete and successful, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jpotrz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/jpotrz Win User

Windows update will not actually apply?

I've been trying to run updates to v2004 on our network and some machines will go through the motions and actually show as complete and successful, but the update actually isn't applied. It's still on 1909.

It's attempted over and over to no avail and I can not figure out why it's doing this.

https://imgur.com/a/tz9nZps

submitted by /u/jpotrz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jpotrz, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 23, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update will not actually apply? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Windows update will not actually apply?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows update will not actually apply?

1. Windows update will not actually apply? - Similar Threads - update actually apply

2. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  3. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  4. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  6. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  7. Windows Update will not actually Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update will not actually Update: I am having problems installing updates and have done everything down to troubleshooting and that has found no issues. Is there a way to hard reset the Update so I can get them that way?...
  8. Power plans NOT ACTUALLY applying.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power plans NOT ACTUALLY applying.: I've been having a pretty high EDC on my Ryzen CPU thx to my pc being on ultimate performance plan. (which has minimum processor state on 100%) so to fix this I switched to balanced power plan which has minimum processor state 5%. Now it does show me that it's on the balanced...
  9. How apply for update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...
  10. Windows Updates not getting applied

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates not getting applied: Hi All I have a friends computer - hard disk is running 99 - 100% utilization all the time.... Everything you do on it is painful. I booted into Safe Mode and same issue. So, started by applying all of the firmware updates from his vendor (ACER)... then updated Windows .......