Windows 10: Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330

Discus and support Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Thank you for answering my question,Last week I tried to get the latest Windows update KB5001330 to complete its install. It would download,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rsmith6621a, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330

Hello,Thank you for answering my question,Last week I tried to get the latest Windows update KB5001330 to complete its install. It would download, install and then reboot. On reboot it would go in to the blue screen and then the percent counter would tart to state the percentage complete that is until it hit 7% then it wold reboot and then a message in the blue screen would say. "Unable to complete update undoing changes"I have tried every suggestion in a Google Search but nothing is working, I gave tried Troubleshooters, CHKDSK, DISM RESTORE, etc. Can you suggest another alternative?Again Tha

:)

rsmith6621a, Apr 25, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 25, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330

1. Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330 - Similar Threads - Update Complete KB5001330

2. KB5001330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001330: when install this updateKB5001330 system automatically rollback due to crash issue this causes low space in c drive please fix this update ,I am fed up with blue and black screen after restart...
  3. How to stop update KB5001330

How to stop update KB5001330: Keeps getting "We couldn't complete this update, undoing changes, don't tirn off your computer"after the KB5001330 update. How can I stop this specific update from downloading automitacally without pausing or disabling updates?...
  4. Windows cumulative update for Windows KB5001330

Windows cumulative update for Windows KB5001330: This update that was just released has been trying to run on my laptop but has been running extremely slow. I am trying to install it manually from Windows Update Catalog but I can not even log onto Microsoft Edge. I noticed that a new version of Edge was installed and...
  5. About the KB5001330 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the KB5001330 update: I heard this update was causing issues with gaming because I also started to have problems around the time when this update came out. Things such as lag/ stutters while I'm gaming and even while I'm just browsing the web. My drivers have all been updated and I also tried...
  6. BSOD following KB5001330 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD following KB5001330 update: While resetting PC, an update was automatically applied, despite my system being configured to apply only after my approval. My PC never started again, but is instead stuck in an endless BSOD loop with Stop code: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". Based on the CBS.log...
  7. KB5001330 update

KB5001330 update: Hello sir/ma'm , The latest update KB5001330 dropped FPS on lot of games that I was playing and I cannot seems to be able to uninstall it , I tried to uninstall from couple ways , advanced restart options, settings and control panel , command prompt on administrator mode ,...
  8. Windows Update 0x8000ffff, KB5000802, KB5001330

Windows Update 0x8000ffff, KB5000802, KB5001330: Bonjour, Voilà plusieurs semaines que je ne parviens plus à mettre à jour Windows 10 PRO v. 20H2 build 19042.630 Mise à part ce problème, Windows fonctionne correctement. Échec de l'installation sur ‎11/‎03/‎2021 - 0x8000ffff KB5000802 Échec de l'installation sur...
  9. Windows update KB5001330 not installing

Windows update KB5001330 not installing: Hey community i am getting a problem of windows update.i was planning to install KB5000802 update on 13 april 2021 but it was replaced with KB5001330 so i downloaded it and it stucked at 100%. Then i pause the update and resume it again. when it was downloaded it again stuck...
  10. Update KB5001330 fails to install

Update KB5001330 fails to install: As part of the current 'Patch Tuesday' windows updates there is a Cumulative update KB50001330. This update fails to install on my desktop PC with the error code 0x800f0984. My installation of Windows10 is insider build 19043.899, Version 21H1. The update fails to install...