Windows 10: Windows update will not install after restart

Discus and support Windows update will not install after restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning I woke up ready to play some games with some of my buddies, when I realized there was a minor security update I needed to do to play. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Atkinson_7, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Windows update will not install after restart

This morning I woke up ready to play some games with some of my buddies, when I realized there was a minor security update I needed to do to play. I did the usual and went to settings and the update page. I hit restart as always and it booted down and started counting how long until it would be finished. Well it got to 15% until it stopped counting and just said Restarting. It came back up and i logged back in to find that the work and music I was listening to last night was there. It asked me to update again so i tried again. Same thing, kept not updating and sending me back to what I was doing last night. I tried downloading update assistant but halfway through it bluescreened and when it restarted yesterdays work popped up and the assistant was not even downloaded. I should also mention I got this computer 4 days ago and has just under 1 TB of space left so I was pretty disappointed with it already having issues.

Is there a solution to this?

:)

Mark Atkinson_7, Apr 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 21, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update will not install after restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 21, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows update will not install after restart

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows update will not install after restart

1. Windows update will not install after restart - Similar Threads - update install restart

2. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  3. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  4. 22H2 update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  5. 22H2 update not installing after restart

22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  6. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  7. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  8. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 not installing updates after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not installing updates after restart: Hello MS. After installing Windows 10 21H1, it said I was on the latest version but I was still on 20H2. Now I can't reinstall the update. Can someone help me?????...
  10. Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't install updates after restart: Just now my PC finished downloading build 15002 and asked me to reboot to install the build. I did not do it immediately because I was busy. But now that I've been trying to reboot to install, the PC just restarted, did not install anything. I tried "update and restart"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widnows update requires restart but doesnt install