Windows 10: windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart...

Discus and support windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows will not update on Dell Vostro. It goes throught the install; then on reboot; it undo changes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerH_p413, Nov 28, 2020.

1. windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart...

Windows will not update on Dell Vostro. It goes throught the install; then on reboot; it undo changes.

:)

RogerH_p413, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Nitesh Win User

Update Windows 10 to the latest build on Dell Vostro 3550

On my Dell Vostro 3550, I have updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and then finally to Windows 10 when it was launched. I have noticed recently that my machine is not running the latest build and is still running build 10240 which I believe is the release build.

I have tried fixing Windows update errors and updating the system to latest build, but every time it fails without giving much insight to the error. I have checked Dell Website and this model is not listed for November update here.

I want to know if someone has succeeded in updating to Windows 10 on this model and if yes, what steps can I follow to do the same. If the answer is No, please guide me with other available options.

Nitesh, Nov 28, 2020
  3. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

Ok trying now to upgrade vostro 1000, tried running setup from within Windows and told this PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10.... so now booting from USB pen and chose custom install.....assume this is a clean install.....it accepted my Windows 7 product key, which is good news.....fingers crossed

UPDATE *really*Wink*092 well it works, now have a dell vostro laptop with a clean install Windows 10.. I triied booting from the USB pen and chose upgrade it told me to restart the 'pc' and run setup from the install file...but that doesn't work, so chose custom and did a clean install, went flawlessly, even used the Windows 7 product key.....thank you everyone for your help and support and occaisonly steering me in the right direction LOL *Rolleyes.....it's working very well so from XP to vista to Windows 7 and now to Windows 10....quite a journey...

reddwarf4ever, Nov 28, 2020
  4. malware Win User

windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart...

Dell Vostro 1220 Launches

Dell today announced the latest addition to its expanding line of Vostro laptops, the 12.1-inch Vostro 1220. This stylish, ultraportable laptop was designed exclusively for business travelers who are unwilling to compromise performance, battery life and security for a thin and lightweight design.
    Available in Obsidian Black or Deep Cherry Red, the Vostro 1220 starts at a mere 3.36 lbs, is equipped with the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors and features up to 9 hours of battery life on a 6-cell battery, making it an ideal travelling companion for on-the-go, global entrepreneurs.

windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart... dell_vostro_1220_thm.jpg

According to IDC, worldwide commercial shipments of 12-inch widescreen laptops are expected to grow almost 35 percent from 2008 to 2009. “This trend supports what Dell has been hearing from our customers,” said Sam Burd, global vice president, Dell Small and Medium Business. “Today’s globe-trotting entrepreneurs need a laptop that is powerful and long-lasting. That used to mean carrying around an ungainly device, the Vostro 1220 combines performance, built-in security and long battery life with useful features like videoconferencing to be the ideal weapon of choice for any road warrior.”

Vostro 1220: Productivity, Security and Connectivity
    • Only Dell offers pre-installed videoconferencing software, Dell Video Chat, which along with the purchase of optional integrated webcam and microphone gives customers a complete videoconferencing solution.
    • More security options than similar Acer, HP and Lenovo small-business systems including mobility solid state drives for three times the reliability of traditional hard drives, fingerprint readers with easy-to-use software, and multi-factor authentication and encrypted hard drives with Wave Systems software that can easily encrypt data without impacting system performance.
    • 802.11 draft-n wireless LAN or optional Mobile Broadband external solution for optimal connectivity anywhere your business takes you.
    Backed by dedicated and specially trained small-business sales and support experts, Dell Vostro laptops come with a 30-day worry-free return policy, are available with Dell CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service and Dell ProSupport8services that give customers the ability to customize and tailor services to fit their technical expertise and business needs.

Starting at $799, the Vostro 1220 is available worldwide today. For additional information on the Vostro 1220, visit http://www.dell.com/vostro.

Source: BusinessWire

malware, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart...

1. windows update will not install on Dell Vostro. Goes through the motions; then on restart... - Similar Threads - update install Dell

2. Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro: Hello,I attempted to install Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, but when it reached the restart point, it started reinstalling Windows again. I removed the USB during the restart, but it didn't resolve the issue. The laptop has two hard drives – one HDD and one SSD. It installs...
  3. Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro: Hello,I attempted to install Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, but when it reached the restart point, it started reinstalling Windows again. I removed the USB during the restart, but it didn't resolve the issue. The laptop has two hard drives – one HDD and one SSD. It installs...
  4. Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dell Vostro TrackPad

Dell Vostro TrackPad: HelloHave a Dell Vostro Latop, but have some strange things with the track pad. On web browser ie chrome etc , I’m using a crm webpage , and when I click and move using the trackpad it doesn’t go in the right place , so I end up clicking or selecting things I don’t want.I...
  6. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  7. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  8. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. dell vostro nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell vostro nightmare: i bought a dell vostro 3500 laptop directly from dell sometime before november 2021. it lasted about 6 weeks. i went to power it onone morning..it wouldn't power up. dell arranged to pick it up and sent me a replacement. around 2 weeks ago i started having problemswith the...
  10. 21H1 goes through the motions of install, even restarts, but does not actually install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H1 goes through the motions of install, even restarts, but does not actually install: Hello,I have combed through so many help sites and still cannot get updates to install. I have 1909. Currently, my updates are not working. When I check for updates, I get a message that says I am missing important security and quality fixes. In trying to fix that issue I...