Windows 10: Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

Discus and support Windows update will not progress passed version 1909 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have completely factory reset my entire PC. I've unplugged any device except my keyboard mouse and SSD boot drive and ive checked that all three have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pleaseHelp_166, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

I have completely factory reset my entire PC. I've unplugged any device except my keyboard mouse and SSD boot drive and ive checked that all three have the most up to date drivers and firmware. Ive tried running windows update to progress to 20h2 but it just won't do it. my error code is 0xC1900101-0x20017. I don't know what else to do.

:)

pleaseHelp_166, Nov 25, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Gib G Win User
    Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Stevenvv# Win User

Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Well would't you know it. I did everything, every step, all the suggestions, months of failed downloads and was going to wipe everything tomorrow and start again, but remembered I hadn't tried your suggestion of updating to 1809 before 1903/09, and blow
    me down, but it's updated to 1809 with ease!

I have yet to dare to try and get it to update to 1909 but it's the 1st progress in months, so thanks.

Stevenvv#, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

1. Windows update will not progress passed version 1909 - Similar Threads - update progress passed

2. Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update will not progress passed version 1909: I have completely factory reset my entire PC. I've unplugged any device except my keyboard mouse and SSD boot drive and ive checked that all three have the most up to date drivers and firmware. Ive tried running windows update to progress to 20h2 but it just won't do it. my...
  3. Windows update will not progress passed version 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update will not progress passed version 1909: I have completely factory reset my entire PC. I've unplugged any device except my keyboard mouse and SSD boot drive and ive checked that all three have the most up to date drivers and firmware. Ive tried running windows update to progress to 20h2 but it just won't do it. my...
  4. Windows is not updating since version 1909

Windows is not updating since version 1909: Windows is not updating. While trying to do update I have found all updates since version 1909 have failed. I've tried the update assistant which had downloaded the latest update and run it but it does not even show up in the update history... Dump of history below. Any help...
  5. windows 10 update version 1909

windows 10 update version 1909: I have downloaded the update three times and then removed it as my desktop keyboard will not work after the download. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-version-1909/f4d1bca7-283f-4bd7-ad1a-02292daf5ae4
  6. Feature update to Windows,version 1909

Feature update to Windows,version 1909: I want to know the size of the update. Is it possible to download it over a period of time or it should be downloaded at one gowithout switching the laptop off. I can use only 1.5GB of data for a single day. Pls help me to solve the problem......
  7. Update to Version 1909 Windows

Update to Version 1909 Windows: Copy and paste of previous question because no one is answering. If you have ANY advice, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying for days. Even if your advice is contacting Microsoft staff via phone or whatnot. When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for...
  8. Update for Windows 10, Version 1909

Update for Windows 10, Version 1909: Update gets stuck with failure message: Last failed installation attempt: ‎11.‎04.‎2020 – 0xc19001e1 Pls. support - Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-10-version-1909/9f17662e-8d65-431b-a1c2-6cba9d016102
  9. windows update version 1909 will not install

windows update version 1909 will not install: this the 3rd time that I tried to install version 1909 of windows 10 and it is failing all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-1909-will-not-install/800d647b-834a-4063-a326-5a7b52340397
  10. Windows version 1909 update

Windows version 1909 update: My battery went dead while downloading Windows update. Status is downloading 0%, 2020-2 cumulative update Status is : Pending install. However nothing is happening since yesterday. Tried restarting. Doesn't give the option to download again....