Windows 10: Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How...

Discus and support Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few months ago, when the April 2018 update came out, I updated my computer with the huge update that has caused numerous issues for people where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wast3dGen0cides, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How...

A few months ago, when the April 2018 update came out, I updated my computer with the huge update that has caused numerous issues for people where their computer would not boot after update. This happened to me but I managed to get in and reverse it. I manually turned off updates through advice on here and I wanted to switch them back on again since the issue has since been resolved so I can start getting updates again. I want to download things from the Store as well but you can't unless you have this turned on.

I went to Services to switch the service back on. The option is not there. I tried to look for updates via the Settings but got nothing but errors. I even tried "net stop" and "net start" through the Command Prompt but it says that the entry is invalid. I have also tried to Troubleshoot Windows Updates but to no avail. I have no idea what happened or how to make it work again.

How can I get my Windows Update back if I don't even seem to have the service on my computer anymore?

:)

Wast3dGen0cides, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Vancha Win User

AVG Update Cripples Windows

Switched to Avast! around a couple of months ago and it's been incredibly well behaved. I suggest it to anyone looking for a new anti-virus.

Vancha, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Cortana was working great but it stopped opening apps about 2 months ago

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Click on the Setting or Gear icon by tapping on
      Cortana.

• Under Cortana can give you suggestion, ideas, remainders, alerts and more
      Turn off.

• Sign out from the current user account.

• Restart your computer and follow the same steps to
      Turn on Cortana.

Also follow the link suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on July 30, 2015 to check if the settings are set correctly.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Check for New Windows updates and optional updates.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type
    • Type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install the latest
      windows updates.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 23, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How...

AVG Update Cripples Windows

same here. switched from avg to avast and never looked back

W1zzard, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How...

1. Windows update will not turn back on after manually switching it off a few months ago. How... - Similar Threads - update turn manually

2. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  3. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  4. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Controller doesn't stay on after turning back on after manually turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller doesn't stay on after turning back on after manually turning off: I have 2 Xbox one controllers and xbox wireless USB dongle for my PC. I use the controllers when I'm playing games on my PC and use headphone jack for audio. I turn my controller off by long pressing "X" button when I'm done playing, or no longer using the controller. Then...
  6. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  7. Bought this laptop a few months ago and got spotify from the microsoft store, turned the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought this laptop a few months ago and got spotify from the microsoft store, turned the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InterestingName216 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itsmwn/bought_this_laptop_a_few_months_ago_and_got/
  8. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  9. A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...: I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but with the OneDrive forum being locked, I have nowhere else to turn. So this has to be a close enough category. For a year now One Drive was working perfectly. But several months ago (I've lost track of how many) something...
  10. My BSODs were fixed by you guys a few months ago - Now they are back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My BSODs were fixed by you guys a few months ago - Now they are back: Hi, i had a few months without BDOS. But now they are back. I had some in January (about 4 the whole month). But today i had 4-5. I even had a pink one, which i have never seen before. I had one while booting and the last one was a few minutes ago. I recognized, that the...