Windows 10: Windows update will not work

Discus and support Windows update will not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Inspirion 15 from dell, with windows 10 installed on it, and I use windows insider preview builds. I have tried to update to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by etewete113, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Windows update will not work

Hello!

I have a Inspirion 15 from dell, with windows 10 installed on it, and I use windows insider preview builds. I have tried to update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 18941.1001 (rs_prerelease), and everything works fine when downloading and installing in settings, but when I restart the pc, It says "Configuring Windows 10 update" and then goes straight to 100% and boots like normal and then it tells me I still have to install the update, and I am pressing Update and restart instead of regular restart. Please help!!

:)

etewete113, Jul 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 21, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update will not work

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update will not work :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows update will not work

1. Windows update will not work - Similar Threads - update

2. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  3. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  4. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  6. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  7. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  8. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  9. am not able to download update 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am not able to download update 23H2: i am not able to download update 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-not-able-to-download-update-23h2/146954d8-9eb5-414a-b7f4-ecfb6d1c386a
  10. am not able to download update 23H2

am not able to download update 23H2: i am not able to download update 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-not-able-to-download-update-23h2/146954d8-9eb5-414a-b7f4-ecfb6d1c386a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. (KB4505903) update not working

2. (KB4506991 not working