Windows 10: Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users

Discus and support Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to various reports on Twitter and Reddit, some users are unable to connect to Windows Update and Microsoft Store on Windows 10 devices. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 31, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users

According to various reports on Twitter and Reddit, some users are unable to connect to Windows Update and Microsoft Store on Windows 10 devices. While users are blaming Microsoft for Windows Update issues, it appears to be a DNS issue and the software maker isn’t responsible for the outage.

The DNS has been greatly streamlined for internet users, but that doesn’t mean it’s always problem-free. Judging from the number of reports, Comcast users mainly affected due to this DNS outage.

A thread on Reddit claims that both Windows Update and Windows Store (also known as Microsoft Store) are broken for several users. Another Redditor claim that Windows Store is also broken and apps or games cannot be downloaded.

@MicrosoftHelps Can you please provide any insight into what is going on with Comcast users not being able to connect to Windows Update?

— ShadowMario3 (@ShadowMario3) January 31, 2019

How to fix Windows Update issues caused by DNS outage

According to reports, you can fix Windows Update issues by changing the DNS settings on your PC. You can switch to Google DNS or Cloudflare’s privacy-focused DNS to address the Windows Update issues. To change the DNS settings on your Windows 10 device, do the following:

• Open Cortana/Search.
    • Look for Control Panel.
    • Navigate to Network and Internet and click on Network and Sharing Center.
    • Look for Change adapter setting on the left-side pane and click on it.
    • Right-click the network interface which is active. For example, right-click the WiFi device displayed on the screen. Select Properties.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
    • Type your preferred and alternate DNS server addresses. If you want to use Google DNS, put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Or if you want to use Cloudflare DNS, enter 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 respectively.

You can restart your computer and check back for updates again. If the issue remains unsolved, you can use a VPN or wait until an official workaround is available.

The post Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 31, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jan 31, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users - Similar Threads - Update Store reportedly

2. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  3. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  4. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers: I've had some strange issues with Windows 10 since buying a new laptop 15 months ago. I kinda got over one problem, but it still causes me problems today. It's something you don't expect when you spend quite a bit of money on what you believe to be a good product. You don't...
  6. Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors: A new update is reportedly causing serious issues for some machines running Windows 10. After recent updates, a mysterious Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error stopped Windows 10 devices from booting up properly. According to the reports, the bug appears to stem from updates...
  7. Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors: The Blue Screen of Death error is triggered when users put their devices to sleep mode. So far, users have reported the problem with HP Envy x360, HP ProBook 650 G4, HP Elite x2 1012 G2, HP ProBook 650 G5, and HP EliteBook x360 1040 G6. Dell users with Latitude 5500 are also...
  8. It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users

in Windows 10 News
    It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users: Last week, various reports from Windows 10 users revealed that Windows Update is broken in some regions and the issue has something to do with default DNS settings applied by certain ISPs. Various users reported that Microsoft isn’t at fault as the issue is linked to Comcast...
  9. Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users

Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users: Hi, I’m responsible for multiple computers for our youth work. All windows 10 computers with multiple local users (administrators). Clean installed at the beginning of January. Windows 10 drives me kind of crazy, cause on a very regular base Store apps stop functioning....
  10. Windows 10 Store Broken

Windows 10 Store Broken: Hello everyone, I'm seeking help with my problem that is the Windows Store is broken now and won't even open it look like this now: [img] Any suggestions and help are appreciated! Thank you 36095