Windows 10: Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store

Discus and support Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, Here are the problems I'm facing for a week: 1. I get error code 0x80080005 when I try to check if there is a new update for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Can Kaan Papila, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store

Hi Microsoft,

Here are the problems I'm facing for a week:

1. I get error code 0x80080005 when I try to check if there is a new update for Windows 10.

2. I can't use or activate Windows Defender , it disappeared for some reason.

3. The program I bought from Microsoft Store is stuck on "starting to download".

What should I do?

:)

Can Kaan Papila, Feb 12, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 12, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Feb 12, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store

What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

Thema:

Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store

1. Windows Update, Windows Defender and Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Update Defender Microsoft

2. microsoft store and microsoft defender keep disappearing on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store and microsoft defender keep disappearing on windows 11: I have reset my brand new ACER Aspire 7 core i5 pre-installed Windows 11. I had to reset it because strangely I noticed microsoft store, defender and other apps disappeared one by one but disk check sfc scan got no problem at all, no corrupt file either??; the vendor a big...
  3. Microsoft Store + Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store + Windows Update: Hello.So about two months ago i came with this problem that my Microsoft Store wouldn't work to install Apps, Games etc. It works perfectly fine to search for them, but it just won't install.Everytime i get a "Downloading" or a "Can't install something or just an straight up...
  4. Microsoft Store + Windows Update

Microsoft Store + Windows Update: Hello.So about two months ago i came with this problem that my Microsoft Store wouldn't work to install Apps, Games etc. It works perfectly fine to search for them, but it just won't install.Everytime i get a "Downloading" or a "Can't install something or just an straight up...
  5. Windows updates, Defender and MS Store not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates, Defender and MS Store not Working: First off Windows updates is not loading...And then the Defender....It is stuck at 0%And lastly, there is this MS Store...It is stuck at downloading 0%Yeah I've tried all the things to fix this. Tutorials and everything. Yes I've checked my clipsvc it 's turned on. and...
  6. Windows updates, Defender and MS Store not Working

Windows updates, Defender and MS Store not Working: First off Windows updates is not loading...And then the Defender....It is stuck at 0%And lastly, there is this MS Store...It is stuck at downloading 0%Yeah I've tried all the things to fix this. Tutorials and everything. Yes I've checked my clipsvc it 's turned on. and...
  7. Windows updates, Defender and MS Store not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft Store and windows updates

Microsoft Store and windows updates: I have been experiencing issues with my Microsoft store not opening and therefore I am not able to update a lot of programmes on my pc system, even so that I can't access a lot of needed programmes. As well as this, I can not update windows which has seemed to greatly...
  9. Microsoft Store, Windows Defender & Windows Firewall

Microsoft Store, Windows Defender & Windows Firewall: Microsoft Store This whole ordeal started with AppXSvc taking up way too much cpu usage, I searched the internet and came to the conclusion it was windows store bugging out and not working properly. I tried wsreset.exe and nothing happened, so I disabled the store in...
  10. Error 0x80070015 for Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Windows Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80070015 for Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Windows Defender: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows error 0x80070015 can occur if the operation has not been initialized correctly. This is usually an internal programming error, and there is nothing much that an end-user can do. Nevertheless, since this error is seen when running Windows Update, [...]...