Windows 10: Windows update wiped my computer

Discus and support Windows update wiped my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did the windows update last night and i woke up to my computer needing to reinstall windows. I tried to recover to a past point and was unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Impulsekilla, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Windows update wiped my computer

I just did the windows update last night and i woke up to my computer needing to reinstall windows. I tried to recover to a past point and was unable to due to it wiping my information. Has this happened to anyone?

:)

Impulsekilla, Jul 21, 2021

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 21, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update wiped my computer

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update wiped my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows update wiped my computer

1. Windows update wiped my computer - Similar Threads - update wiped computer

2. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  3. Computer wiped after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer wiped after update: Hello My computer had an update last night and so over night it updated. I turned it on this morning and it said it couldn't load my user. I restarted the computer and while I logged in fine, all of my files have been wiped. I have no documents, pictures, downloads or any...
  4. WINDOWS SECURITY UPDATE WIPED MY COMPUTER

WINDOWS SECURITY UPDATE WIPED MY COMPUTER: My computer did a windows security update the other day and it wiped my entire computer, then another update today COMPLETELY WIPED IT AGAIN. WHY???...
  5. Forced update wiped my computer.

Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  6. New Update Wipes My Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Update Wipes My Computer: There was recently a new update for Windows 10 and it wipes majority of my apps and settings on my laptop. Everytime I turn off my computer it resets and only leaves Google Chrome installed out of all the apps and files on my computer. Please help me fix this....
  7. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  8. Windows Update Wiped My Computer

Windows Update Wiped My Computer: I turned on my desktop yesterday and a Windows 10 update began to run automatically. When it was finished, it was as if my hard drive was formatted. Outlook, gone, TurboTax, gone, pictures, gone, documents gone. Everything was reset. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS MICROSOFT???...
  9. Update has wiped my entire computer

Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...