Windows 10: windows update wiped my data from my laptop

Discus and support windows update wiped my data from my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was updated and all of my data, apps and information was wiped. I am a student and 7 months worth of university work gone!! Why has it done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CyanaraEllingford, Mar 11, 2020.

1. windows update wiped my data from my laptop

My laptop was updated and all of my data, apps and information was wiped. I am a student and 7 months worth of university work gone!! Why has it done this? It has not only happened once but three times now!!

Why? And it did this without asking. I cannot rely on my laptop anymore and I need this to study.

My laptop already had windows 10 and was working great, it didn't need an update. Can I stop these updates from happening?

:)

CyanaraEllingford, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop??

kuldeepsingh9, Mar 11, 2020
  4. JaWoHc Win User

windows update wiped my data from my laptop

Microsoft forced update wipes my data

I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed that
    all off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was informed that some select people get wiped out when there is a forced Microsoft
    update. This is terrible! Microsoft is a major player. How can this be overlooked? This cost me money for repair and several days of lost work not to mention payroll that needs to take place immediately. There is some info online about this and I see a
    few suggestions that it moved data to TEMP files and that I should go through about 100 steps to reestablish the blah blah blah, but why do I need to correct this in the first place?

JaWoHc, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

windows update wiped my data from my laptop

1. windows update wiped my data from my laptop - Similar Threads - update wiped data

2. Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?: Hello. So today I turned on my laptop logged in and the wallpaper was reset all my folders were still there but removed from desktop and when I opened word and Firefox it didn't save my data and was guiding me through the installation.Is there any way to recover my data...
  3. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  4. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  5. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. windows update that wipes my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update that wipes my laptop: I'm hating windows more every day. now it automatically "updates" my laptop, and in the course wipes off all the data and programs. then, when I try to get things back as they were, I'm not allowed any browser but the Edge, named after the musician that tried to massacre...
  7. Windows 10 update wiped my data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update wiped my data: I lost my IDM download list (from 2013) and license after an automatic Windows 10 update happened, is there any way to restore it? submitted by /u/putinmeister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g45n78/windows_10_update_wiped_my_data/
  8. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  9. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wipe data from stolen laptop?: Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-data-from-stolen-laptop/c7a07385-a330-4557-86f4-0bfb32d6a4ec"
  10. Wipe my data on my Laptop Lenova I5

Wipe my data on my Laptop Lenova I5: Good Day My laptop was stollen and somebody wipe my laptop and I unable see my files. Unable to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-my-data-on-my-laptop-lenova-i5/e862877d-1c2c-4433-a046-5d161806fb82