Windows 10: Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

Discus and support Windows update wiped out all of my settings. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlyssaLee1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others.

Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to change all my settings and search for all my files and eventually OneDrive brought them all back. Then it happened a second time Monday February 25 2019 between 12-6 AM and OneDrive will not bring back the majority of my files.

I have tried the system restore and only had the options of Saturday at 12 AM or Monday at 2 AM and tried the Saturday one as it was the furthest back and it did not work. Nothing has come back, settings are still factory, no pictures or custom settings are restored, barely any files are there.

Not sure what else to do as I have tried everything Google, Dell Support, and Microsoft Support have suggested and I need my files as I am a full time student.

:)

AlyssaLee1, Feb 25, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

1. Windows update wiped out all of my settings. - Similar Threads - update wiped settings

2. Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license?: Hello Microsoft Community, I am concerned about my digital license Product Key because I plan to reset my computer to its factory settings then reinstall all of my software. Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license? If not, will the digital...
  3. Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.: I upgraded to windows build # 1903 and as stated above all data, pictures, documents, settings, emails, contacts and other such things. I luckily had a recent backup, but can not restore contacts and emails to my email client. After rebooting the computer several times, it...
  4. All emails wiped out after installing Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All emails wiped out after installing Windows Hello: Hi Greg, I politely asking a question if you are famillar to this type of error. after install Windows Hello to get numeric password for my Lap Top. I installed it but almost immediately the system wiped out all the emails of my computer and mobile. Hope you could help me...
  5. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  6. Windows 10 Calendar - all events wiped out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calendar - all events wiped out: Hi, I use my calendar app only on my desktop. I do not sync it with anything, as I don't have an iphone or android phone. I only use it to record appointments on the desktop. A few days ago, I did not receive a reminder bell for an upcopming appointment, when I checked...
  7. Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings

Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings: I use a dual physical drive approach, a smaller "system" SSD for Win 10 and Software, and a larger HDD for Data. Once I get the system totally set up the way "I" want it, I use Partition Wizard to migrate the system drive to a second bootable SSD that I connect via a drive...
  8. Windows update wipe out my manifest file in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update wipe out my manifest file in registry: Why does every windows update wipe out my manifest file in the registry? I have PhotoShop CS6 and a 4k display on my laptop, so I have to use a manifest file to set the screen resolution so I can see the writing. Each update wipes out the line in the registry. Have to put...
  9. Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry

Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry: Currently on Windows 10 V1803. 2 days ago a windows update came out that wiped out the regisry settings for Cisco VPN. In previous feature updates we've had AS400 and even symantec AV wiped out by the installation of feature updates. How can we avoid having our...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped all settings

2. latest windows update wiped out my apps and settings

3. windows update wiped out my profile

4. windows update wipes all settings,
  5. latest windows update has wiped all my files and settings,
  6. lenovo laptop updates wipedout computer