Windows 10: Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

Discus and support Windows update wiped out all of my settings. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlyssaLee1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others.

Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to change all my settings and search for all my files and eventually OneDrive brought them all back. Then it happened a second time Monday February 25 2019 between 12-6 AM and OneDrive will not bring back the majority of my files.

I have tried the system restore and only had the options of Saturday at 12 AM or Monday at 2 AM and tried the Saturday one as it was the furthest back and it did not work. Nothing has come back, settings are still factory, no pictures or custom settings are restored, barely any files are there.

Not sure what else to do as I have tried everything Google, Dell Support, and Microsoft Support have suggested and I need my files as I am a full time student.

:)

AlyssaLee1, Feb 25, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

1. Windows update wiped out all of my settings. - Similar Threads - update wiped settings

2. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Browsers and Email
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  3. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  4. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  5. windows update wipes out computer settings

windows update wipes out computer settings: So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem on the end user. FIX IT!!!!...
  6. Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files

Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files: Windows 2004 installed on my computer and completely wiped all my files. It's as if it did a total reinstall of Windows to factory default - nothing is there but the bare basics. Apps are gone, files are gone. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and it even wiped that....
  7. recent update wiped out all of my information

recent update wiped out all of my information: a few days ago I did a system update and shut down the computer as usual. when my wife went to sign back on the computer it wouldn't let her in. I had to reset the password and after I got signed in I realized everything has been reset. all of my documents have been lost....
  8. Windows 10 wiped out all my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wiped out all my documents: I switched on my HP laptop today and worked on it, everything was fine. I left it on sleep for about 2 hours, and came back to find there was a notification that Windows had signed me out of my user account. However, it logged in, and I found my desktop wallpaper was changed...
  9. Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.

Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.: I upgraded to windows build # 1903 and as stated above all data, pictures, documents, settings, emails, contacts and other such things. I luckily had a recent backup, but can not restore contacts and emails to my email client. After rebooting the computer several times, it...
  10. Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings

Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings: I use a dual physical drive approach, a smaller "system" SSD for Win 10 and Software, and a larger HDD for Data. Once I get the system totally set up the way "I" want it, I use Partition Wizard to migrate the system drive to a second bootable SSD that I connect via a drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped all settings

2. latest windows update wiped out my apps and settings

3. windows update vpn settings wiped

4. microsoft update wipes settings,
  5. windows update wiped out my profile,
  6. windows update wipes all settings,
  7. latest windows update has wiped all my files and settings,
  8. lenovo laptop updates wipedout computer