Windows 10: windows update wipes out computer settings

Discus and support windows update wipes out computer settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StanGlinski, Dec 4, 2020.

1. windows update wipes out computer settings

So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem on the end user. FIX IT!!!!

:)

StanGlinski, Dec 4, 2020

2. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Dec 4, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

windows update wipes out computer settings

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

windows update wipes out computer settings

1. windows update wipes out computer settings - Similar Threads - update wipes computer

2. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  3. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  4. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  5. Wipe out

Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  6. wipe out

wipe out: I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose the windows too? will I have to reinstall it myself or will it automatically have it on there? it has windows 10 but tells...
  7. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  8. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  9. Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry

Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry: Currently on Windows 10 V1803. 2 days ago a windows update came out that wiped out the regisry settings for Cisco VPN. In previous feature updates we've had AS400 and even symantec AV wiped out by the installation of feature updates. How can we avoid having our...
  10. Update wiped out computer

Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...