Windows 10: Windows update without RESUME FEATURE

Discus and support Windows update without RESUME FEATURE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi every one, My name is MoSLatF I encountered a problem to download Windows 10 updates by using Windows update. The issue is Windows update can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tgtgsarip, Feb 2, 2021.

1. tgtgsarip Win User

Windows update without RESUME FEATURE

Hi every one,

My name is MoSLatF

I encountered a problem to download Windows 10 updates by using Windows update.

The issue is Windows update can't resume the incomplete downloaded update for example Windows version 1903 update.

Which around 3 GB size.

I downloaded till 80% from Windows 10 version 1903 update, but I can't complete the update next time when I tried to complete the rest of

the update the 20%, because Windows update start the download from 0% as a normal procedure when there is interruption occur for the previous incomplete download, these interruptions are happening in my local area frequently for one or more of these reasons:

1- Unstable internet connection.

2- The power source may be off frequently.

3- The internet data per day may be limited to about one GB per day, so I can't complete the downloads with big size unless I subscribe to an expensive

internet quota.

So I wonder is it a big deal for Microsoft Company to add this feature the ability to resume incomplete download to the Windows update.

If this feature added to Windows update {THE ABILITY TO RESUME INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD} which as I think it is not a big deal because there are many downloaders have this ability for example {Free Download Manager}, We can download these heavy size updates partially starting from the point our download interrupted & stopped.

I appreciate any help

Thank you

Best regards

PS I tried to download this update three times, but I failed for my local problems and the absence of the resume ability in Windows update.

This besides there are many Windows update versions till version 2004 I think.

Before I edited this message I received a reply from a Microsoft advisor, but I think there is misunderstanding my problem. Anyhow, I thank her and appreciate her valuable effort.

Thank you again

:)

tgtgsarip, Feb 2, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 2, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update without RESUME FEATURE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 2, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update without RESUME FEATURE - Similar Threads - update without RESUME

2. How to resume Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resume Windows updates: I have my Windows Updates paused and I want to resume them. But in settings I can see no way to do so--I can only change the pause date. How can I resume updates at once?...
  3. How to resume Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to resume Windows updates: I have my Windows Updates paused and I want to resume them. But in settings I can see no way to do so--I can only change the pause date. How can I resume updates at once?...
  4. How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature

How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature: How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature please help me . I have only 1 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-latest-windows-10-update-using/1e900a12-7624-4f8e-ac85-728de7e84a21
  5. View updates without resuming them?

View updates without resuming them?: Is there a way for me the view the update history without resuming the installation of them? I have them paused because of reading the posts about this month's updates. I am running Windows 10 64-bit on a HP Notebook. Thanks!...
  6. All Videos auto resuming after 10 sec in windows without me resuming it .

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Videos auto resuming after 10 sec in windows without me resuming it .: Facing an issue with windows10 while Playing any videos. The bug is that, for example, after a YouTube video is paused, without me resuming it the video will resume automatically after 10 seconds. The the problem also happens in other video/audio player even including...
  7. Windows 1903 update, will no longer resume from sleep without crashing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1903 update, will no longer resume from sleep without crashing.: My Dell 8930XPS will no longer resume properly from Sleep after the 1903 update. It tries to wake up, the screen remains black, and then it will either reboot on its own or I have to hold down the power button to force a reboot. Event log shows this every time after a...
  8. Windows 10 update is not resuming

Windows 10 update is not resuming: Hi there, I'm using windows 10 home. I got an another windows update and started to download using my mobile data connection(I have limited data plan and its speed is pretty low).I downloaded upto 48% (2 days,700MB each day) I cannot resume the update now.When I clicked on...
  9. Resume download for Windows update

Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2
  10. Resume download for Windows update

Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2