Windows 10: Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

Discus and support Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.746 -------------------------------------------- So I was trying to install the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pathally156, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

Edition: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Version: 20H2
    OS Build: 19042.746

--------------------------------------------

So I was trying to install the latest "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 x64-based systems KB4601382 and noticed windows update kept having "error encountered" somewhere during download or install. The error code windows update gives is "0x80073712". After googling for a bit I saw it was suggested to run the command:
    "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth"

in command prompt while it was in administrator mode, to which I did.

At 12.6% way through I received error 4448 stating:
    "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

Upon reading other's issues with this it has been said to do an offline update via downloading the latest update's ISO file and then installing it while having internet and 3rd party antivirus software disabled.
    Is this a correct solution to this issue and if so, how do I get the update ISO, perform the update, and am I at any risk of losing files when doing this? As in will it wipe my PC when I do this as if I had just installed windows?

If you're reading this, thank you for your help in advance.

:)

Pathally156, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2021
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Error Encountered for drivers updates

Running Win 10 v 2004 currently with a Dell desktop pc. When I went to Windows Update there was the version 20H2 update available along with Recommended updates of 3 drivers I am still deciding whether to install 20H2. When I checked the 3 listed drives for downloading and installing the Error Encountered notification. Oddly I have since retruned to Windows Update and the only update shown now is version 20H2?

fdm2000, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

1. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption - Similar Threads - Update WOF driver

2. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?: Got error code 0x800f0984 in Windows 10 during 22H2 update--which failed. DISM shows there is driver corruption -- gives "Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption"See a number of ongoing threads with no confirmed approach to fix. Have run troubleshooter, DISM,...
  3. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?: Got error code 0x800f0984 in Windows 10 during 22H2 update--which failed. DISM shows there is driver corruption -- gives "Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption"See a number of ongoing threads with no confirmed approach to fix. Have run troubleshooter, DISM,...
  4. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupted WOF driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted WOF driver: First of all, the pc boots normally, so this problem only shows up so far when I try to run SFC. I have not had any updates to install since finding the error.Can anyone tell me how to fix this driver easily without having to reimage the OS. If not, is this driver fixable...
  6. Corrupted WOF driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted WOF driver: First of all, the pc boots normally, so this problem only shows up so far when I try to run SFC. I have not had any updates to install since finding the error.Can anyone tell me how to fix this driver easily without having to reimage the OS. If not, is this driver fixable...
  7. Corrupted WOF driver

8. The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error: When I recently updated windows. For the last two days, suddenly the screen blinks in pink color and some software has been corrupted because after opening it, it does not open when I double click or run as administrator it does not give any response. I can't even uninstall...
  9. The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.: Getting error installing windows update on windows 11.Run Update Troubled shooterChecked Disk for errorsTried restoring health through DISMTried SFC /ScanNowTried Component CleanupTried restoring through install.winEvery time it gives same error.Here are some...
  10. The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.: Getting error installing windows update on windows 11.Run Update Troubled shooterChecked Disk for errorsTried restoring health through DISMTried SFC /ScanNowTried Component CleanupTried restoring through install.winEvery time it gives same error.Here are some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the wof driver encountered a corruption reason