Windows 10: Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

Discus and support Windows Update won't download available updates!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updates aren't downloading though I have restarted my pc, ran windows update troubleshooter and there is no issue with net connectivity but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SyedTariful, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

Windows updates aren't downloading though I have restarted my pc, ran windows update troubleshooter and there is no issue with net connectivity but still the updates aren't installing and it has stuck now.

Windows Update won't download available updates!!! 477a451d-60be-41d2-815a-758e07a8a161?upload=true.png

:)

SyedTariful, Oct 10, 2018

2. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Windows Update won't download available updates!!! :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Oct 13, 2018
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

1. Windows Update won't download available updates!!! - Similar Threads - Update won't download

2. Windows won't download update 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't download update 0xc1900101: So I noticed about a week ago that I had a Windows update. I proceeded to download it, only to have it take a whole 15 min to restart my computer. Upon the restart, I was hit with a black screen after loading the spinning dots sorry I'm not tech literate. I could see my mouse...
  3. Update Available: Update Pending won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Available: Update Pending won't download: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series. I have windows 10 Home 22h2 64 Bit. I have 3 Window updates that won't install and keeps reading pending update, even after hitting the update button. The 3 updates are: Dell, Inc. - Firmware - 0.1.10.0; Intel - SoftwareComponent -...
  4. Update Available: Update Pending won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Available: Update Pending won't download: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series. I have windows 10 Home 22h2 64 Bit. I have 3 Window updates that won't install and keeps reading pending update, even after hitting the update button. The 3 updates are: Dell, Inc. - Firmware - 0.1.10.0; Intel - SoftwareComponent -...
  5. Update Available: Update Pending won't download

6. Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.

Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.: So I use a program called Netguard to block unwanted programs from accessing the internet. And By default I have it to block any newly installed programs trying to access the internet. I have the windows update service wuauserv to be allowed to access the internet and it...
  7. Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download": The list of available downloads keeps growing, as they all stay on "Pending Download".Steps I have taken so far- Deleted the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and performed a reboot.- Performed the following actions and rebootednet stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  8. Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download"

Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download": The list of available downloads keeps growing, as they all stay on "Pending Download".Steps I have taken so far- Deleted the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and performed a reboot.- Performed the following actions and rebootednet stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  9. Windows won't download updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't download updates?: My laptop won't download Windows updates. It just sits at 0% downloading on all 5 it's trying to download. I've tried running SFC and it came back fine. I have tried to install 1 of the 5 updates (KB5000802) manually and absolutely nothing changed on restart, it still...
  10. Windows Won't Update or download apps

Windows Won't Update or download apps: I have tried every fix online. Nothing helps. My memory is also always stuck at 100%. I've tried all the online fixes for that as well. I even had someone reinstall windows 10 remotely and nothing ever changes. The last update was in January. Since then there is nothing but...