Windows 10: Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004

Discus and support Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just updated Windows 10 to v2004, and thereafter a new Driver update appeared that won't install. The Driver already exists on my PC and the loop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toronto Cat, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004

Just updated Windows 10 to v2004, and thereafter a new Driver update appeared that won't install. The Driver already exists on my PC and the loop resulting after installation of v2004 is explained in this link.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...river-in-loop/

I have deleted the Windows Update cache as described in the article, but am reluctant to proceed to the 2nd solution that requires me to uninstall my current driver, accept a generic driver, and try to get Windows Update to install the driver. Driver will, in fact, install and Update.

Is it safe to uninstall my UHD Graphics driver; and after reboot, will I be able to reinstall my UHD driver through Window 10 Update? The article attached says it "should" update, but I'm not comfortable with "should".Windows Update reinstall

Any advice is appreciated.

:)

Toronto Cat, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004

Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004

1. Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004 - Similar Threads - Update won't Install

2. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  3. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  4. Why won't it update my graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't it update my graphics drivers: I try everything and it still won't update my graphics drivers submitted by /u/bigmatthee21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzm7zf/why_wont_it_update_my_graphics_drivers/
  5. Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Update won't Install Graphics Driver in v2004: Just updated Windows 10 to v2004, and thereafter a new Driver update appeared that won't install. The Driver already exists on my PC and the loop resulting after installation of v2004 is explained in this link. https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...river-in-loop/ I have...
  6. Windows Graphics Drivers Update won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Graphics Drivers Update won't work: Hi, I have been using this Computer for a year and it's fine and suddenly, I find that it became slow for no reason, I tried everything to fix this problem related to the CPU. Then I went to the Device Manager and I found out that the Display Adapters tab said Microsoft...
  7. Graphics Driver won't install? (Resolved)

Graphics Driver won't install? (Resolved): This issue has been resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-wont-install-resolved/81eb988a-5981-4530-9b81-3787a5d0ed5b
  8. Graphics Driver won't install?

Graphics Driver won't install?: Before I start I would like to mention I am terrible with computers. I tried to download graphic drivers using the CD from the Geforce 1030 GDDR5 but the moment I try to install it tells me that its imcompatible with my system, claiming the hardware does not exist[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.: My old laptop has an Intel Series 4 Chipset Family in it, or Intel 4500M integrated graphics according to the manufacturer website. I'm trying to play a game (FTL), which by all accounts should run fine on my laptop, but it suffers from god awful frame rates which is/was a...
  10. After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed

After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed: As the title suggests, I allowed the creators update to install itself yesterday and now the computer will get stuck whilst booting. I took the graphics card out and used the onboard graphics and it then booted fine. Uninstalled the graphics drivers and rebooted with graphics...