Windows 10: Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep

Discus and support Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, apperently there is a major issue going on for some time now. Everytime there is a Windows update waiting, my PC decides not to go to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AthanasiosSoulimenas, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep

Hi,

apperently there is a major issue going on for some time now.

Everytime there is a Windows update waiting, my PC decides not to go to sleep anymore. Particularly the process "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe" has a problem with sleeping.

Since i saw this issue being reported by many users over the past year and even before, i decided to wait and give MS time to rollout a hotfix of some sort.

Sadly over 6 months have passed now and the issue remains still, so now I'm posting this question here to get your opinion / workaround or to gather make it known to MS.

I have configured my PC to install updates automatically but the issue appears even when there is an optional update waiting, that I maybe don't even wanna install.

If I install all updates, the system works fine for a while until the next updates appear, which can be a few days or hours later...

So as you understand this can be very frustrating, especially when you leave your PC on and expect it to save power overnight by switching into sleep mode and it just stays ON for the whole night.

I have done a fresh install, which did not help.

I hope you have some insights. Thx.

:)

AthanasiosSoulimenas, Mar 1, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 1, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep

pc won`t update

I`ve been trying to solve this problem for 3 months to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

EVERY time the computer check new updates, the following message appears:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

My PC is connected to the internet, so this could not be the problem.

you`ve only directed me to a window link, which I don`T really understand.

Could ANYONE PLEASE send me a simple answer how I can solve this problem step by step???????

Thanks.

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep

1. Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep - Similar Threads - Update won't let

2. xbox 360 controller won't let the Windows go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    xbox 360 controller won't let the Windows go to sleep.: Why is this not fixed yet?Everyone have to unplug the xbox 360 controller so the sleep mode will work. lolHoping this doesn't happen on Windows 11....
  3. Won't go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  4. Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep

Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep: Hi guys, I am having an issue where for some reason when I put my desktop to sleep, the monitor turns off but the all fans and RGB lighting still runs. I have looked up possible issues for a PC not going to sleep for various reasons and changed a few settings in the...
  5. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  6. Defender won't let an external HDD go to sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender won't let an external HDD go to sleep: Hello, Well, the topic title says it all. I recently purchased a Western Digital My Book 8TB and no matter what I couldn't get it to stand by/sleep. I tried everything: messing around with USB power options, indexing, installing dedicated WD software that has a sleep timer -...
  7. Windows Defender won't let external USB HDD go to sleep

Windows Defender won't let external USB HDD go to sleep: Hello, Well, the topic title says it all. I recently purchased a Western Digital My Book 8TB and no matter what I couldn't get it to stand by/sleep. I tried everything: messing around with USB power options, indexing, installing dedicated WD software that has a sleep timer -...
  8. Windows Defender won't let external USB HDD go to sleep

Windows Defender won't let external USB HDD go to sleep: Hello, Well, the topic title says it all. I recently purchased a Western Digital My Book 8TB and no matter what I couldn't get it to stand by/sleep. I tried everything: messing around with USB power options, indexing, installing dedicated WD software that has a sleep timer...
  9. Windows won't go to sleep

Windows won't go to sleep: I can't put Windows to sleep when it is plugged in. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-go-to-sleep/aea50df6-525b-4928-afe3-3dc364326fea
  10. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...