Windows 10: windows update won't run

Discus and support windows update won't run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows won't run - I've tried all of things that Window advisor has recommended. I've run: >sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmberWatters, Apr 1, 2021.

1. windows update won't run

Windows won't run - I've tried all of things that Window advisor has recommended. I've run:

>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 15% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

and can't figure out how to proceed.

:)

AmberWatters, Apr 1, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 1, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. windows update won't run

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

windows update won't run

1. windows update won't run - Similar Threads - update won't run

2. Windows Security won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security won't run: I made a dumb mistake. I clicked on a suspicious link on YouTube and got hit. Warnings about numerous viruses pops up and Windows Security will no longer run. Can I fix this or am I doomed to start all over and reload my Operating System? The worst is I know better after...
  3. Windows Update won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't run: I have had the automatic update with notification to me first on for a long time and it has worked flawlessly for a long time. Recently I realized that I had not been notified of an update for a long time. When I go to Settings/Update & Security I get a message saying:...
  4. Windows Update won't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update won't run: I have had the automatic update with notification to me first on for a long time and it has worked flawlessly for a long time. Recently I realized that I had not been notified of an update for a long time. When I go to Settings/Update & Security I get a message saying:...
  5. Windows Update won't run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Git For Windows won't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Git For Windows won't run: I installed Git For Windows latest version and it won't run. Start the app and I see a little movement in the Windows 11 icon and then nothing. All software is latest version and I tried disabling virus protection. Nothing works. I went through all the steps outlined here and...
  7. Git For Windows won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Git For Windows won't run: I installed Git For Windows latest version and it won't run. Start the app and I see a little movement in the Windows 11 icon and then nothing. All software is latest version and I tried disabling virus protection. Nothing works. I went through all the steps outlined here and...
  8. Windows Update won't clear after Update runs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update won't clear after Update runs.: My system keeps showing 'Update and Restart' and 'Update and Shutdown' even after runningthe update process and it runs update process on shutdown even though there is visibly nothing to update. There is nothing in SoftwareDistribution folder, the catroot2 folder has been...
  9. Windows Applications won't run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Applications won't run: For some reason, whenever I try to open any kind of Windows app Microsoft Store, Calculator, Camera,etc., I won't open. It looks like it's trying to open. It pops up for a few seconds, then suddenly crashes. I've been having this problem for quite some time. Please help....
  10. Windows 10 won't run

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't run: Thanks for the reply. I've turned quick boot off and tried booting from where windows is located. None of this worked. Any more help would be appreciated! Hi Adam, Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. I doubt that it is a corrupt BIOS as you advised that you...