Windows 10: windows update won't save personal settings

Discus and support windows update won't save personal settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was asked to install a windows update. Now windows will not remember any of my personal settings. Every time I start up the computer, the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterCiesinski, Mar 3, 2019.

1. windows update won't save personal settings

I was asked to install a windows update. Now windows will not remember any of my personal settings. Every time I start up the computer, the settings go back to default. The back ground goes back to the windows graphic. The taskbar does not retain the icons I pinned to it but returns them to the ones Microsoft installed. My default browser goes back to Edge. All my Chrome sign in information has to be reentered. Personal files are returned to where Windows thinks they belong and not where I place them. How do I make Windows remember my personal settings?

Thanks,

PC

:)

PeterCiesinski, Mar 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 3, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. windows update won't save personal settings

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

windows update won't save personal settings

1. windows update won't save personal settings - Similar Threads - update won't save

2. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  3. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  4. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words: Hello ! w10 simply don't save my data in like "run" or "search" boxes Like I must type 'cmd' every single time in RUN or type a same word in windows search boxes .... something like the "notepad" which has been pinned to the taskbar don't add my recently opened nor the...
  5. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words: Hello ! w10 simply don't save my data in like "run" or "search" boxes Like I must type 'cmd' every single time in RUN or type a same word in windows search boxes .... something like the "notepad" which has been pinned to the taskbar don't add my recently opened nor the...
  6. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Saving my personal settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving my personal settings: Hi, I want to reinstall my windows for getting a fresh start using the Reset option but I want to know, is it possible for me to backup my current settings, so that I can restore the settings after I reinstall windows....
  8. Windows 10 Saving personalized settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Saving personalized settings: My Windows 10 is from a Microsoft Store purchased USB. Since installation on my desktop, two months ago, saving my personalized display settings is erratic. Most of the time, it is as if settings were not saved at shutdown/power off or they are removed at next startup. It...
  9. Windows Update + Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update + Personalized Settings?: Hi, Near end of automatic windows-update, I got black screen with little with box in upper left corner, with message, "Personalized Settings. Setting up personalized settings for windows desktop update." -that stayed on screen for few minutes, and Updates were then...
  10. Settings won't save

Settings won't save: My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list, I even deleted it from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows update wont save my settings