Windows 10: Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred.

Discus and support Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just wanted to download forza horizon 4 but you need to have windows updates enabled in order to do that. When i tried to start 'wuauserv' from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RadekSladovník, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred.

I just wanted to download forza horizon 4 but you need to have windows updates enabled in order to do that. When i tried to start 'wuauserv' from services it always stopped right away with error 1058. Same happened when i tried manually laucnh it through command prompt.

I just want to play the god damned game. Someone please help.

:)

RadekSladovník, Feb 20, 2021
  2. jarmst Win User

Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred.

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred.

1. Windows update won´t start - System error 1058 has occurred. - Similar Threads - update won´t start

2. Start menu and more won´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  3. Start menu and more won´t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  4. System error 1058 has occurred, The service cannot be started

in Windows 10 News
    System error 1058 has occurred, The service cannot be started: [ATTACH]If you are getting Error 1058, The service cannot be started message while starting a service in the Services Manager on Windows 11/10, the following solutions will be handy for you. There could be different reasons why this error occurs on your computer. However, you...
  5. Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058: Hi,My computer is unable to start windows update.Through normal settings I see this;Restarting does nothing. Trouble shooters don't seem to work.I have looked online and traced the problem to the wuauserv windows update service.Through windows services I can see that it is...
  6. error 1058 window update error

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 1058 window update error: hey guys i show the error 1058 in window update time. "something went to wrong try reopen setting later" this error show in window update pannel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058-window-update-error/8050c3fd-8d93-4e83-8b43-8e59f629f772
  7. Camera won´t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera won´t work: Hi, I can´t get my camera to record or take pictures. It doesn´t work in the camera app nor in Google Meet - the light next to the camera is on, but the screen just shows a crossed out camera.. I´ve tried restarting the camera app, and uninstalling and reinstalling it +...
  8. Applications won`t maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications won`t maximize: Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks...
  9. battery won"t charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won"t charge: Lap top has been sitting a while and not used. When get got it out and started to charge everything seemed fine. However, I was hooked up to the charging cable. When I shut down the computer and later tried to turn on, there was no charge on lap top. I'm not sure what to...
  10. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator: Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates. When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened...